LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install skirts on my '58 after they get painted, I tried to test fit them but my inner lip on the inside of my fender is folded way back and I can't get the skirt clamp anywhere near where it needs to be.

What is the best way to lightly bend the inner lip out without disturbing the body panel or worse, cracking my beautiful paint?? thanks guys!

·
Registered
948 Posts
need pics, but sounds like ur done,,u need to body work the skirts in with the quarters to fit before paint... gotta see it to really give an opinion

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by swangin68@Nov 23 2008, 11:47 AM~12235757
need pics, but sounds like ur done,,u need to body work the skirts in with the quarters to fit before paint...  gotta see it to really give an opinion
x2

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Originally posted by gibby64@Nov 18 2008, 05:40 PM~12193971
I'm about to install skirts on my '58 after they get painted, I tried to test fit them but my inner lip on the inside of my fender is folded way back and I can't get the skirt clamp anywhere near where it needs to be.

What is the best way to lightly bend the inner lip out without disturbing the body panel or worse, cracking my beautiful paint?? thanks guys!
I wouldnt do anything to the car,Any adjustments or mods that need to be made should be done to the skirts.Dont risk fucking up your paint...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts