LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 Ohm Kicker CVR10. It says if I wire the voice coils in series I will get 4 Ohm, and if I wire it in parallel it will give 1 ohm. I don't know what to do. I know nothing about this. I want whatever will give me the loudest and most noticeable sound. its 600W max, 300 RMS. I want to do this as an amp:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...?model=MRP-M450

so I don't know how I'm supposed to wire the sub for best preformance. If that amp won't work very well for that, what should I use?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Oct 2 2007, 07:41 PM~8918236
I have a 2 Ohm Kicker CVR10.  It says if I wire the voice coils in series I will get 4 Ohm, and if I wire it in parallel it will give 1 ohm.  I don't know what to do.  I know nothing about this.  I want whatever will give me the loudest and most noticeable sound.  its 600W max, 300 RMS.  I want to do this as an amp:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...?model=MRP-M450

so I don't know how I'm supposed to wire the sub for best preformance.

You need to pick a different amp, that one won't do on that single sub...

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Oct 2 2007, 07:47 PM~8918271
what do you recommend?  Also what really is the diffrence?  Obviously I get more watts out of a lower number of ohms, but why would someone want a higher number?
You need an amp that makes the power you need for that sub at either 4ohms mono or 1ohm mono...

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Oct 2 2007, 08:01 PM~8918371
but which would give me the best sound, the 1 ohm or 4 ohm, or does it not matter?  Plus i've never seen an amp rated for 1 ohm.
No, it will not matter as long as the required power is made at that particular ohm load...

Most class D amps are 1ohm stable, not all, but most, it's quite common...

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts