LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got 2 clarion tweeters and 2 6 1/2 kickers in front doors and 4 6x9 kicker s in back dash and i got a KVT-717 dvd in-dash tv as my head unit and i got a rockford fosgate 600x4 it is like 2003 or 2004 model pushing my highs and when i turn it up for like 2 mins it sounds good and then all the highs in the speakers cut off and the low's in the speakers stays working and sounds like shit can anyone tell me what i need to do to solve my problem ??????

thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I dont' know if the speakers you have, have got a themal limit fuse on the tweeters. If they do you can crank it, and then they will cut out, lower the volume a bit and they will come back on.
If that is the case, there really isn't much you can do other than turn it down, or keep the treble down a couple of steps.
If you are just after overall loudness you may want to add more tweeters, but I don't know what kind of car you have or if you have the room.
are the 6 1/2s coax's? I'm sure the 6x9's are, that should be plenty of sound, but you may want to get a good set of tweeters, or use a component set and have the tweeters aimed right, so it doesn't need to have the volume up so much to sound good.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by CarShowDisplays@Sep 21 2006, 02:18 PM~6218605
I dont' know if the speakers you have, have got a themal limit fuse on the tweeters.  If they do you can crank it, and then they will cut out, lower the volume a bit and they will come back on. 
If that is the case, there really isn't much you can do other than turn it down, or keep the treble down a couple of steps. 
If you are just after overall loudness you may want to add more tweeters, but I don't know what kind of car you have or if you have the room.
are the 6 1/2s coax's?  I'm sure the 6x9's are, that should be plenty of sound, but you may want to get a good set of tweeters, or use a component set and have the tweeters aimed right, so it doesn't need to have the volume up so much to sound good.
hey man you sound like you know what u talking about b/c that is really want is happening my 6 x9's are cutting out tho so i think i should just leave everything alone and say fuck it b/c i am getting a new car in feb.. and my girl is gunna take over my grand marquis so i guess i will just start off with a better amp and and better highs thanks for the info man but about the kickers i never knew they had a limit???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts