LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what kind of paint to use to paint the bumper trim on a 93 fleetwood....what looks best and lasts longest....and wont flake or peel.....thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Originally posted by SmileNowCryLater@Mar 18 2010, 12:19 PM~16927941
does anyone know what kind of paint to use to paint the bumper trim on a 93 fleetwood....what looks best and lasts longest....and wont flake or peel.....thanks! :cool:
you can use automotive paint to make it match best, but if your trying to save cash and do it yourself go to auto parts store and buy some spray cans that matches the closest to the color you want. It's all about the prep, as long as you prep the plastic fillers good itll last and look good....i had done it on the caddy i had with the paint for plastic from ace hardware, looked great and bonded nice. that's my two cents. ;)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn ...bad ass fuckin fleetwood, that shit sparkles.....alright good look on the the info...i appreciate it..i'll look into it.....

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by A-FORD-ABLE@Mar 18 2010, 02:22 PM~16928447
you can use automotive paint to make it match best, but if your trying to save cash and do it yourself go to auto parts store and buy some spray cans that matches the closest to the color you want. It's all about the prep, as long as you prep the plastic fillers good itll last and look good....i had done it on the caddy i had with the paint for plastic from ace hardware, looked great and bonded nice. that's my two cents.  ;)

:cool: Just did all the trim on my stainless and bumpers,scuff them good with a red scotchbrite,adhesion promoter,and spray bomb from the automotive section. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts