LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This saturday im going to swap out the front clip on my ride and i dont want the parts all diferent colors so i want to know if i can simply wetsand the fenders and such by hand and then simply primer then using the spray can primer ? i dont have a compressor so its my only option ? just temp going to send it to bodywork in a few months anyway ? :wow:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright kool thanks man so use black primer any good brands to look for im gonna have the doors off, fenders and front clip so ill need alot whats a good grade of sand paper to use for this wetsanding

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Originally posted by sic713@Feb 5 2010, 01:26 AM~16514356
dont even primer it, if the parts got decent paint on it, leave it..
more pain in the ass for the bodyman to sand that cheap can shit off..
X2
But if you must primer it get a quart of epoxy primer and then go to home depot get a paint tray and ultra smooth roller. you can roll the primer on since you dont have a compressor.

·
I am Batman!
5,106 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Feb 4 2010, 07:11 PM~16514729
X2
But if you must primer it get a quart of epoxy primer and then go to home depot get a paint tray and ultra smooth roller. you can roll the primer on since you dont have a compressor.
he would be better off renting a compressor for the day and getting a cheap 14 $ harbor freight gun for the primer.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Originally posted by BIGSPOOK@Feb 5 2010, 02:12 AM~16514736
he would be better off renting a compressor for the day and getting a cheap 14 $ harbor freight gun for the primer.
For the initial prime he will do fine will the roller cause he or whoever is gonna block it anyway just the final prime is best off sprayed out of a gun.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Originally posted by sic713@Feb 4 2010, 05:26 PM~16514356
dont even primer it, if the parts got decent paint on it, leave it..
more pain in the ass for the bodyman to sand that cheap can shit off..
x2 :biggrin:

ya if it dont need primer than dont ..only the parts showing bare metal ...if u get to bare metal use 320 grit dry sand and for wet use a 400 ........ :cool:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah i just got the parts of a donor car and the paint on them is all faded and jacked up gray and my ride is creme ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
so ur sayin that you dont want to roll around with mis matching boddy pannel colors then ?
youd rather have rattle can primer on the parts ?

or is it something diffrent that im missing ?

id be tempted to ask some of your homies around the way if they have an air compressor you can borrow for a day - and shoot paint with one of them cheapo harbor freight guns.

I was using rattle can rustolem black on my whip when I was doing some touch up boddy work just to cover up the red bondo spots - but when I sprayed it with real paint - there were spots where I could tell that it was rustoleum spray can under neath the real paint. they were less glossy than the rest of the car - so watch out man with that spray can. it might end up biting you in the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts