LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Nov 26 2003, 12:05 AM
Will my 81 Cadillac Brougham fir on a tow dolley from U-Haul?
with the factory wheels ,no deep dish wheels :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by luckyaz+Nov 26 2003, 12:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (luckyaz @ Nov 26 2003, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Nov 26 2003, 12:05 AM
Will my 81 Cadillac Brougham fir on a tow dolley from U-Haul?
with the factory wheels ,no deep dish wheels :cool:[/b][/quote]
Good deal, yes with the factory wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,815 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1+Nov 26 2003, 12:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ALOW1 @ Nov 26 2003, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 12:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1
@Nov 26 2003, 12:05 AM
Will my 81 Cadillac Brougham fir on a tow dolley from U-Haul?

with the factory wheels ,no deep dish wheels :cool:
Good deal, yes with the factory wheels.[/b][/quote]
I seen them with deep dish wheels :uh: 2dr brougham too :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Nov 26 2003, 12:05 AM
Will my 81 Cadillac Brougham fir on a tow dolley from U-Haul?
You still got that thing?? I thought someone on here bought it??

I wouldn't put it on the dolly if the ass is still slammed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,670 Posts
I towed a 78 CDV on a 4 wheel dolly from Michigan to Colorado, tight fit, but it made it. I originally rented the 2 wheel dolly (rear wheels off the dolly), but they didn't have one when the day came, so they hooked me up with a 4 wheeler for the same price. You'll have to pull the driveshaft out if you use a 2 wheeler or you'll burn out your rear end.

K. Diaz
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 6 2003, 09:11 AM~1373011
I towed a 78 CDV on a 4 wheel dolly from Michigan to Colorado, tight fit, but it made it.  I originally rented the 2 wheel dolly (rear wheels off the dolly), but they didn't have one when the day came, so they hooked me up with a 4 wheeler for the same price.  You'll have to pull the driveshaft out if you use a 2 wheeler or you'll burn out your rear end.

K. Diaz
You mean you'll burn out the transmission.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Feb 21 2006, 08:12 AM~4892775
You mean you'll burn out the transmission.
Yeah what he said, i've seen it happen in only 90 miles. Locked up the tranny, guess the output shaft or bearing or something was locked...crazy. Then again, some other people have done it with auto trannys and had no problems :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I didnt bump the topic to get help........

This page just loads up funny for me for some reason, its still doing it, everytime I look at it its just messed up.


As for the U-haul, that was a couple years back and the car didnt have a motor or tranny in it. I agree too though, when pulling with a dolly pull the rear of the driveshaft out and secure it to the side of the frame :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
if i was you i would just get a full trailor for it. lot less work for a lil more money. i know out here tho, for the 2 wheel dolly it was like $55 from u haul, and i found a place that rents out trailors and machines and things and they only charge me $40 for a full trailor. it was a really tight fit for the 72 tho. actually ended up with a small scratch in one door
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1+Feb 22 2006, 02:40 PM~4902536-->
Sorry I didnt bump the topic to get help........

This page just loads up funny for me for some reason, its still doing it, everytime I look at it its just messed up.
As for the U-haul, that was a couple years backand the car didnt have a motor or tranny in it. I agree too though, when pulling with a dolly pull the rear of the driveshaft out and secure it to the side of the frame  :cool:
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-72caddydeville
@Feb 23 2006, 12:13 PM~4909985
if i was you i would just get a full trailor for it. lot less work for a lil more money. i know out here tho, for the 2 wheel dolly it was like $55 from u haul, and i found a place that rents out trailors and machines and things and they only charge me $40 for a full trailor. it was a really tight fit for the 72 tho. actually ended up with a small scratch in one door

:roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,533 Posts
hmm..well uhaul is real picky about what u use to tow the car with too..what are u towing it with?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top