LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My homie has a 2002 Silverado that he's been thinkin' about bagging. But yesterday he showed me an installation article on a Chevy truck out of one of those Truckin' Mags. N-e way they show the set up being installed using hydros and accumulators. They use a Prohopper FBSS set-up with everthing but the Springs. Can this be done??? DO the Accumulators make up for the Spring??? I've never seen a Juiced set-up w/o springs or even heard of such a thing?? Has anyone ever done this or seen anything done this way??? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
IMO they dont work as well as springs WITH SHOCKS. Only advantage to accums is they can be turned off VIA a extra dump, SO you can hop, you cant turn shocks off.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by RollinSlow84@Dec 3 2003, 05:50 PM
can you use springs with accumulators and be able to hop?
In thereoy yes, but for the price of both..

But I think the movement of the springs would place undo stress on the accuums.... you know from the constant small bouncing motion. Seems like its wear the accum out faster. thats probably why people dont run both.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Dec 3 2003, 08:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Dec 3 2003, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84@Dec 3 2003, 05:50 PM

But I think the movement of the springs would place undo stress on the accuums.... you know from the constant small bouncing motion. Seems like its wear the accum out faster. thats probably why people dont run both.[/b][/quote]
:uh:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Dec 3 2003, 08:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Dec 3 2003, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84@Dec 3 2003, 05:50 PM

But I think the movement of the springs would place undo stress on the accuums.... you know from the constant small bouncing motion. Seems like its wear the accum out faster. thats probably why people dont run both.[/b][/quote]
:uh: WTF :uh:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
what Issue was it in?????

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Dec 3 2003, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Dec 3 2003, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 08:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84
@Dec 3 2003, 05:50 PM

But I think the movement of the springs would place undo stress on the accuums.... you know from the constant small bouncing motion. Seems like its wear the accum out faster. thats probably why people dont run both.
:uh: WTF :uh:[/b][/quote]
what im sayin is the springs would cause constant change on motion on the accumulators. THey would produce more up and down motion, causing tons more stress on the acumulator. I know this makes sense.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Dec 3 2003, 10:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Dec 3 2003, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 3 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 08:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84
@Dec 3 2003, 05:50 PM

:uh: WTF :uh:
what im sayin is the springs would cause constant change on motion on the accumulators. THey would produce more up and down motion, causing tons more stress on the acumulator. I know this makes sense.[/b][/quote]
:uh: :uh:

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
FOR ALL THE ROOKIES

you can install hydraulics on a car with no coil springs and with accumulators

you can install hydraulics with accumulators and springs

you can install hydraulics with springs and shut off valves for the accumulators so that you can hop and have a nice ride

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
LoL I aint a rookie, but how many cars u see with springs anc accums? I havent seen even one.

I think theres a reason for that rookie.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by Chronic@Dec 3 2003, 10:33 PM
FOR ALL THE ROOKIES

you can install hydraulics on a car with no coil springs and with accumulators

you can install hydraulics with accumulators and springs

you can install hydraulics with springs and shut off valves for the accumulators so that you can hop and have a nice ride
I know, did all the afore mentioned years ago ;)

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
HAVE SEEN MORE CARS WITH HYDRAULICS THAN YOU HAVE SEEN DRIVING ON THE ROAD!!! HA ANYWAYS ALOT OF CARS HAVE COILS AND ACCUMULATORS WITH NO PROBLEMS MAKES THE RIDE SMOOTH AS CAN BEE YOU GOT THE SPRING AND THE ACCUMULATOR ASORBING ROAD BUMPS!!!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Dec 3 2003, 10:36 PM
LoL I aint a rookie, but how many cars u see with springs anc accums? I havent seen even one.

I think theres a reason for that rookie.
the spring is not gonna affect the accum function. Why do you think you can use no spring at all. With straight cylinders there is no cylinder/suspension travel at all. So there is no advantage or disadvantage using springs or not. I have used accums with and without springs and there was no difference ;)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
click my signature for a pic of an accumulator set-up. The only thing different would be the pic is for a strut set-up. But to answer your original question the pic might help a bit..

I'd post the damn pic myself if LIL would make a button like in post your rides....

anyway, hope it helps...

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 3 2003, 10:40 PM
click my signature for a pic of an accumulator set-up. The only thing different would be the pic is for a strut set-up. But to answer your original question the pic might help a bit..

I'd post the damn pic myself if LIL would make a button like in post your rides....

anyway, hope it helps...
that is a nice way of doing it, but if you put more thought into the suspension you would think of a better way to do a strut suspension. I did a strut suspension one way before and have NEVER seen it done like it before, suprised to see no one else has thought of it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts