LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so theres all these rules and guidlines to building a "traditional" lowrider as to what you can and cant do etc. Now heres my gripe for bullshit you can UPGRADE your brakes from drums to discs add options sounds etc etc all of which r just upgrades. NOW in 1959 chevy had impalas with "FACTORY FUEL INJECTION" so technically it was an OPTION for 59 so why cant you UPGRADE your 59 to FUEL INJECTION and still compete for TOTY if it was a FACTORY option in 59?

The 1959 cars were all new inside as well, with a space-age dashboard treatment and new seat and panel designs. The windshields on Impalas wrapped up and back as well as around. Under the hood, the stalwart "Stovebolt" six was the base engine while the small-block 283 V-8 was the base V-8. Other V-8 options which have a definite bearing on the Impala's value as a collector car are: 230, 250 and 290 bhp versions of the 283; the latter two horsepower ratings had fuel injection as standard equipment; the 348 V-8 with choices of 250, 280, 305 and 320 bhp, all fed by a single four-barrel carb and two 348s with three two-barrel carbs pumping out 315 and 345 horses respectively.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
LMAO..............in 1959 I think there was like 50 facotry fuel injection cars made.............If you have one go ahead and enter it...............

Now if you are reffering to a tpi engine vs a 59 fuel injection engine the differences are night and day...............

Some of the GOLO rules dont make sense to me either(well techinically its point allocations)..............but I think as far as the traditional category go, its more of the fact that the traditional category was created to give recognition to some of the beautiful cars that were not 100% stock but not full out customs. With that being said there are several major points on a car we all think of body and paint, interior, drive train, stereo and alarm, and suspension.........

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Factory 1959 RamJet Fuel Injection

and a 2005 Ram Jet Fuel Injection

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop@Sep 9 2005, 09:14 AM~3782413
LMAO..............in 1959 I think there was like 50 facotry fuel injection cars made.............If you have one go ahead and enter it...............

Now if you are reffering to a tpi engine vs a 59 fuel injection engine the differences are night and day...............

Some of the GOLO rules dont make sense to me either(well techinically its point allocations)..............but I think as far as the traditional category go, its more of the fact that the traditional category was created to give recognition to some of the beautiful cars that were not 100% stock but not full out customs.  With that being said there are so major points on a car we all think of body and paint, interior, drive train, stereo and alarm, and suspension.........

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:
Doesnt matter if there were 50 or 50,000 made my point is that it WAS a FACTORY option in the 59 model year so if we can add PW's even though they didnt come with the car originally but were offered in 1959 why cant you add fuel injection since it was offered in 59? Disc brakes werent offered power vent windows werent offered cruiser skirts wereh't offered

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
CAUSE LRM CAN ONLY HOLF 3 FAT GUYS AND 5 SINNY HOOKERS. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats definitely something that LRM has to look over and change, I too disagree with the upgrading of the Brakes, If it didnt come that way factory, wasnt optioned factory or aftermarket avaliable in that time, it shouldnt be classed as traditional. Car should have the appearance of being Factory and accy's and options from its Era.....With the acceptance of Today's Suspensions, and Today's Stereos.

Really hard to classify Traditional.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Sep 9 2005, 08:19 AM~3782443
Doesnt matter if there were 50 or 50,000 made my point is that it WAS a FACTORY option in the 59 model year so if we can add PW's even though they didnt come with the car originally but were offered in 1959 why cant you add fuel injection since it was offered in 59? Disc brakes werent offered power vent windows werent offered cruiser skirts wereh't offered
well perhaps it would help if you were more specific..........are referring to adding a stock 59 fi engine into a 59 or adding a 1980s tpi engine to a 59? Cuase just like your picture shows above, the difference is night and day inbetween a 80s tpi and a 50s-60s fi..........

and if its in reference to the above 59, I dont think the owner really cares, he was well aware that he would not be able to compete in the traditional class b4 he put the tpi in.....

:cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop@Sep 9 2005, 09:27 AM~3782492
well perhaps it would help if you were more specific..........are referring to adding a stock 59 fi engine into a 59 or adding a 1980s tpi engine to a 59?  Cuase just like your picture shows above, the difference is night and day inbetween a 80s tpi and a 50s-60s fi..........

and if its in reference to the above 59, I dont think the owner really cares, he was well aware that he would not be able to compete in the traditional class b4 he put the tpi in.....
:cool:  :cool:

Its not in reference to toto's 59 at all its just bullshit period. YES a 50's and 80's fuel injection looks different i know that but so does this and its accepted

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Sep 9 2005, 10:30 AM~3782518
Or  the Biggest BOX of NOS in the trunk. :biggrin:  :0

They should have a class for most BS, and have you and OSIS compete in it :biggrin: :biggrin:

hey, you both have 61's :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These dont look the same as the og skirts

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Sep 9 2005, 12:33 PM~3782534
They should have a class for most BS, and have you and OSIS compete in it  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

hey, you both have 61's :biggrin:
:(

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhit...... I got several NOS pieces now, but shit OSIS is a godamn Warehouse!:(

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brake boosters LOOK different but they are accepted

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Sep 9 2005, 08:32 AM~3782530
Its not in reference to toto's 59 at all its just bullshit period. YES a 50's and 80's fuel injection looks different i know that but so does this and its accepted
Well I think your question is why dont they push the line back in this instance, and then next year somone will want it pushed back a little further and then next year a littler further.

You have to draw the line some where.........otherwise there will be flip front end, lambo doors, candy paint with graphics and more competing in the traditional class. This class already allows for many many alterations that might be considered too much as you have pointed out. I was told that one of them they do not allow is a shaved firewall. What defines a shaved firewall? Where do you draw the line? I was also told that if you have too much pinstriping its considered patterns and also puts you out of the class. What about murals are they traditional?

There are all kinds of classes at a GOLO event OG, TRADITIONAL, LROTY etc etc, these classes need to be clearly and distinctly seperate otherwise they will blurr.........

:cool: :cool: :cool:

O

·
0 Posts
well Brent, I was just ranting about this 2 days ago.

honestly I dont see whats so goddamn traditional lowriding about OG interior and paint.

lowriders are customised cars, not stock.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by OneStopImpalaShop@Sep 9 2005, 09:41 AM~3782589
Well I think your question is why dont they push the line back in this instance, and then next year somone will want it pushed back a little further and then next year a littler further.

You have to draw the line some where.........otherwise there will be flip front end, lambo doors, candy paint with graphics and more competing in the traditional class.  This class already allows for many many alterations that might be considered too much as you have pointed out.  I was told that one of them they do not allow is a shaved firewall.  What defines a shaved firewall?  Where do you draw the line?  I was also told that if you have too much pinstriping its considered patterns and also puts you out of the class.  What about murals are they traditional? 

There are all kinds of classes at a GOLO event OG, TRADITIONAL, LROTY etc etc, these classes need to be clearly and distinctly seperate otherwise they will blurr.........
:cool:  :cool:  :cool:
Well i agree but if 59 offered FI you should be allowed to upgrade it to a newer unit like they allow for brakes and steering boxes and options and accesories

1 - 20 of 53 Posts