LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
There is a pin holding in a spring. The spring needs to be compressed and then the pin will come out. You will need some pliers (Vice grips recommended), and some channel locks. That is all it takes to get it out. :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 19 2005, 07:16 PM~3846430
There is a pin holding in a spring. The spring needs to be compressed and then the pin will come out. You will need some pliers (Vice grips recommended), and some channel locks. That is all it takes to get it out.  :)
how do i compress the spring
and can i put the kickstand back in once i take it out

·
Registered
709 Posts
i took my sons out with an air chissel. then i welded a piece of flat bar between the frame rails so we could put a twisted kick stand on it .

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 19 2005, 07:42 PM~3846612
Step two. Get yourself something like these. I dont know what you call them and I dont care but that is what you need.
i got a set of those

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Last step, Take you pliers and compress the spring even more. Try to push in the little round ring so that the pin gets loose. Pull the pin out and the kickstand will slide out. It wont shoot out or anything like that so dont be afraid of it.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 19 2005, 06:40 PM~3846601
Step one. Assume the position.
that thing is fucken sweet man ilove it , it has origal schwinn springer forks damn i hate you so much die j/p but nice bike is it youres :tears: :tears: :tears: :eek:

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by 81low@Sep 19 2005, 07:21 PM~3846472
i took my sons out with an air chissel. then i welded a piece of flat bar between the frame rails so we could put a twisted kick stand on it .
:uh:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts