LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so say I was thinking about replacing my air setup with a nice little 2 pump 8 batt setup..
no hopping, just lift and lay..

would I need to reinforce anything..

im sure people out there have driven for years on non-reinforced frames.... right..

let me know..

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
no hopping....................you say that now....just wait till you get hydro's :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
ok now that i got that out............. too bad you didn't just paint your non reinforced frame but anyway... a nice 36 volt or mabye 48 setup should be fine.. but if your frame is rusted out.. anything can break but if your bags haven't done any damage 36 volts should be perfectly fine

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
ok, you'll NEED to get the rear trailingarms boxed and allso box the rear frame arches (if those are c-channel) not all 64 frames are.
besides from that, go with 6 batts in 2 bays at 36 volts, thats more than enough for laying and playing.
the car will leave the ground with 8 batts in 2 bays at 48 volts. weld the batt rack mounts to the frame and bolt on the battrack inside the trunk.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 14 2004, 04:06 PM
ok, so say I was thinking about replacing my air setup with a nice little 2 pump 8 batt setup..

im sure people out there have driven for years on non-reinforced frames.... right..

let me know..
lol your too used to air ride homie once u get droz you will be hoppin it you know it but if you dont go radical or anything you should be fine with out reinforcin your ride but its always a good investment in any ride to get it reinforced if you have droz hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 15 2004, 01:20 AM
ok, you'll NEED to get the rear trailingarms boxed and allso box the rear frame arches (if those are c-channel) not all 64 frames are.
besides from that, go with 6 batts in 2 bays at 36 volts, thats more than enough for laying and playing.
the car will leave the ground with 8 batts in 2 bays at 48 volts. weld the batt rack mounts to the frame and bolt on the battrack inside the trunk.
allso, run 2 ton coils all around. anything over that require reinforcements...

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 14 2004, 08:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 14 2004, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG@Jan 14 2004, 07:11 PM
but if your frame is rusted out..
:twak: :twak:[/b][/quote]
what did rollerz tell you they want your ride juiced or what?? I say get those bags out of there i will come over and make the swap in one day..... lol

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you have NO DESIRE to hop then YES you should be fine I have driven my Delta 88 with 2 Pumps, 6 Batteries. For 4-5 years now. As far as Chicago twice (I am in Louisville, KY) as well as Nashville & Gattlinburg, TN, Indianapolis countless times. Chipped a little. 20-25 inches on occasion And a whole lot of gas hopping no MAJOR problems. However I am Building a frame for it now (full wrap) for some insurance. But you should be fine

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 14 2004, 07:06 PM

let me know..
I got a 82 cutlass supreme with 2 pumps, 2 dumps and 4 batteries is pretty quick but I dont abuse my car I dont hop or threewheel cause my frame is not reinforced.I got accumulators in the rear and the ride if smooth I even feels better than stock. ;)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by LD0GG+Jan 14 2004, 07:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LD0GG @ Jan 14 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 08:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--LD0GG
@Jan 14 2004, 07:11 PM
but if your frame is rusted out..

:twak: :twak:
what did rollerz tell you they want your ride juiced or what?? I say get those bags out of there i will come over and make the swap in one day..... lol[/b][/quote]
nah, theyre cool with the bags..

I'm just thinking about it right now, I like to keep changing shit, I get bored quick

everyone else, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 14 2004, 08:06 PM

let me know..
Damn, Dan. Why would you get rid of the air set-up? Just tired of it and want something different or what.

Well, from what I know from reading your posts you seem to be a man like myself with a little self-control, so when you say you just want to lift and lay, then I believe you. With that in mind, to hell with all the reinforcements. It's not necessary. Every car on the road can handle bumps, a little tweaking, etc, etc. But I would suggest six batts instead of eight, if only for the savings in weight. Personally I'm a big fan of four, but hey, to each his own. And the rest you already know. A hydraulic set-up can be just as customizable as air; even though most people end up doing pretty much the same set-up.
As far as charging, a lot of people like Streetchargers, although I can't believe they do very well if your car isn't running pretty often to keep them charging. Hell, it's only a trickle charge and 1 - 2 amps on a 15 minute trip to the store doesn't do shit for charging a battery.
Etc, etc, etc. You know the rest. It's as easy to hook up as air and keep it well-maintained so you don't have to put a drainhole in your trunk for leaking fluid like a lot of these knuckleheads.
But better yet, keep the fuckin' air man. Why would you want to switch to juice. :)

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 14 2004, 11:36 PM

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
damn never thought i would hear you consider switching to juice...peer pressure set in or you just looking for something new??
well anyways since your used to that nice bag ride i figured i would mention some accumulators being that your probably spoiled from the riding on a cloud feeling

and from what i hear those cars pull 3 wheels very easy so that may be another thing to think out when placing your batteries

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
* I had a 2 pump 6 battery to start out with , I had 2 1/4 ton springs all around at 4 turns each, CCE comp kit with 8" cylinders , & was wired for 36 volts to each pump ........ I could hop at about 12" or so, i kept increasing the voltage after that ..... I broke the upper a-arm off the frame with 60 volts to the front pump....... :(

** I personally would run 36v to each pump if you dont want to take chances... But, once you get them in your going to do what I did ........... Just reinforce your frame before you increase voltage..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts