LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
tru, definetly worth spendin extra cash to get good welder,you be happy you did in long run!

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
This type of welder would be good for lighter stuff. Body work and light fabrication jobs. You could probly build your rack with it and thats about it. For re-enforcing you need a heavier duty welder.Like a Miller. It is better to use the sheilding gas too. The flux stuff is ok but I would'nt try to re-enforce with it. For a low cost alternative. You can get a lincoln arc welder new for around $200. . I've been using mine for about 6 years with no problems. I've welded stuff well over 1" thick

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yo I think you can get that welder cheaper on harborfreight.com. I dont doubt anyone skills on here but just about all gasless welders weld nasty. Gas is half the secret of welding sheetmetal if thats what your doing.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Sep 26 2003, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Sep 26 2003, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Sep 26 2003, 08:30 PM
you will have to be more specific,, everyone on here thinks their a pro,,,,,,, :biggrin:
well, I am an ASE certified welder[/b][/quote]
ive been welding for 11 years, do i get a pat on the back too,,,,, :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sure
PAT PAT PAT. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts