LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been working on this hot wheel hopper (this old ups truck)... i never got a 130 motor so i tryed to fit in a H.H johnson motor,,, it fits barley.. well right now the glue is drying and i just wired my motor. its hooked up to one switch HH control panel,,, now my question is when i hit the switch and the truck hops, how does it come down? by the weight of the truck or do i need to get another switch to reverse the motor to rewind the string...sorry if this is confusing, im getting pics soon....
:uh:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
That;s the problem with motors that have much torque...they don;t slip and the car stays in the up position.
A DPTD switch won't change much about that, it sucks.
The trick is that when the car makes it's impact after the hop it should fall all the way down so it can prepare itself for the next hop.
Just turn the shaft to feel if there's more or less friction otherwise you can try a motor that has less torque.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 29 2003, 02:30 PM
That;s the problem with motors that have much torque...they don;t slip and the car stays in the up position.
The trick is that when the car makes it's impact after the hop it should fall all the way down so it can prepare itself for the next hop.
Just turn the shaft to feel if there's more or less friction otherwise you can try a motor that has less torque.
k.... thanks,, and ill get a shittyer battery rather than a 9 or 12 lmao

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 29 2003, 04:30 PM
:uh: were r still waitin 4 the 67 video and the dvd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts