LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, In my explorer, I have (on each side of the truck) a 5X7, a 5 1/4, and a 1 1/2 tweeter...

I have a small 2 channel amp I want to power these with. If I wire them in parallel, I would get a 1 ohm load, which I do not figure is good..

If I go series. I'll get 12 ohms, not really good either, right?

How do people generally wire crap like this up?

Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ever think of wiring them seperatly off a 4 channel amp with a Crossover?

I got a componet set and was running into the same problem untill I happened upon a Audiobahn ( I know I know... people here dont like Audiobahn ) set that had a box that seperated the signals. with that I have one set of speaker wires going to the crossover and two sets comming from the crossover. One ot the Tweet's the others to the mid-woof. So i didnt have to wire them seperatly or worry about blowing them fast by sending them the wrong signals.

The Stock front speakers I just ran off the deck ;) Plenty of power for them. The highs are upfront with you. They dont need much power unless you are doing something completly insaine. you can hear my highs and lows excellent outside my car. when i got my first Almost ticket the cop told me that he thought there was a house party around the corner. He never heard a car that you could hear the bass and highs so well from so far.

Rolling Concert.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you could wire two of the speakers together in parallel and then wire that into series to the other....not sure on the impedence you would get im thinking 3 is what the end load would be... or wire two together into series and then wire that parallel to the other but that will probably take power away from the amp because the impedence will be higher than you want....so just wire two parallel with eachother making a 2 ohm load from those two and series wire that to the other speaker which is im guessing a 4 ohm speaker....that should do the trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts