LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone who has used this method would know or has tried doing this..........

Seeing as the stuff is pretty expensive can you dump it back in the jug after you finish and reuse it again on other models or is it pretty much shot afterwards?

just curious if anyone has tried this or not yet.

i'm sure i'm not the only one that has been wondering about this. lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes the shit works awesome, but buy the Autozone brand its cheaper. Like $4 a gallon. And use gloves , if you don't you will be sorry. You can strain it and reuse it too. Most of the time an overnight soak works well. Chrome is usually gone in 10 minutes or so.
Good luck

·
Registered
743 Posts
No I haven't had any problems there, it can make the plastic a bit brittle in some cases but I have had no bad experiences.
Give the purple pond a try and you will see.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I use csc all the time.. I have 2 civics soaking as we speak. There have been in there about a week now with no problems.. Dont know what the hell one was painted with but the paint wont budge and the opther one is coming off slow.. i also put clear parts in it with no reactions. I have not tried resin in it yet so I dont know how that will work.. Later Rick S

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by phatras@Nov 5 2003, 09:47 AM
I use csc all the time.. I have 2 civics soaking as we speak. There have been in there about a week now with no problems.. Dont know what the hell one was painted with but the paint wont budge and the opther one is coming off slow.. i also put clear parts in it with no reactions. I have not tried resin in it yet so I dont know how that will work.. Later Rick S
DOn't try resin parts I will tell you the results. One badly melted and mangled part left unusable.
CSC will attack and destroy resin parts, they often will dissolve completly.
On you r Civic you might try lightly sanding it to break the surface of the paint, I had one or two that the paint was really hard on and sanding seemed to help.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
we are talking about plastic models right? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
CSC is a cleaner/degreaser.. Its used for cleaning dirty stuff..lol.. ive used it to clean the shop floor at my old work.. its a good clearing just have to becarefull what ya put it on..

As for my stubburn paint. Ive tried the toothbrush and it dont seem to be doing much.. IM ganna tried to sand it down a bit.. Thanks For the tips.. Later Rick

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by phatras@Nov 6 2003, 04:48 AM
CSC is a cleaner/degreaser.. Its used for cleaning dirty stuff..lol.. ive used it to clean the shop floor at my old work.. its a good clearing just have to becarefull what ya put it on..

As for my stubburn paint. Ive tried the toothbrush and it dont seem to be doing much.. IM ganna tried to sand it down a bit.. Thanks For the tips.. Later Rick
One of those green kitchen pads works well also

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by jevries@Nov 6 2003, 01:56 AM
This paintstripping stuff, where is it used for in normal situations? Like regular paint remover you apply with a brush on painted wood? Or is it something specail for stripping carpaint?
Let me know OK?
Thanks! ;)
if you are talking about the aircraft remover for diecast you can get it in an aerosol can. It's a paint stripper for auto paint. except it is stronger than the normal auto stripper because it is formulated for remoniving airplane paint which is way way stronger of paint.
it is available over here at auto parts stores and is over with all the body repair materials.

as for the super clean it is also available at the auto parts stores and is over with the cleaning supplies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts