LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON MY SYSTEM IT WAS CONNECTED TO A BOTTLE, IF I WANNA SWITCH TO A 200 PSI COMPRESSOR DO I HAVE TO CONNECT TO IGNITION SWITCH or could i hook it up to a toggle switch on dash

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Originally posted by Looney@Dec 11 2008, 04:05 PM~12402969
ON MY SYSTEM IT WAS CONNECTED TO A BOTTLE, IF I WANNA SWITCH TO A 200 PSI COMPRESSOR DO I HAVE TO CONNECT TO IGNITION SWITCH or could i hook it up to a toggle switch on dash
either way would be fine just with the toggle switch i would use a switched power source for for the relay so if you forget to turn the switch off you wouldn't drain your batt..

·
Registered
867 Posts
also be sure to use a pressure switch so you dont over fill your tank and burn up your compressor.. I would recommend running a viair 380..

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by CAPRICE2LOW+Dec 11 2008, 06:37 PM~12403257-->
either way would be fine just with the toggle switch i would use a switched power source for for the relay so if you forget to turn the switch off you wouldn't drain your batt..
[/b]
Mine has a pressure switch to kill the compressors, but is also wired to a kill switch on the dash.
It's nice cause it can run while the cars off and fill up when I park.
But I did have a leak one night (after hitting a big bump) and the compressors kept filling and drained the battery. :uh: :cheesy:

<!--QuoteBegin-slammedtoys
@Dec 11 2008, 10:21 PM~12405328
also be sure to use a pressure switch so you dont over fill your tank and burn up your compressor.. I would recommend running a viair 380..
:yes:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx everyone,... i ran into a good deal on a ride and now im in bussiness to start my project.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If you wire up a latching relay, you can wire up a momentary switch that can keep the compressors running for one cycle until the pressure switch opens. It would be nice to use for guys like you. Instead of having to wait for the tanks to fill and then get out of your car, hit the switch before you get out and the relay will keep the compressors running until the tanks are full. If they ever leak down, the compressors can't kick back on and kill the battery. Maybe I can draw up a schematic and post it.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Dec 13 2008, 12:39 PM~12420242
If you wire up a latching relay, you can wire up a momentary switch that can keep the compressors running for one cycle until the pressure switch opens.  It would be nice to use for guys like you. Instead of having to wait for the tanks to fill and then get out of your car, hit the switch before you get out and the relay will keep the compressors running until the tanks are full. If they ever leak down, the compressors can't kick back on and kill the battery. Maybe I can draw up a schematic and post it.

Anyone interested?
Yeah, that would've saved me an Optima Yellow Top :biggrin:
Post it up if you don't mind cause I'm redoing some of my wiring soon.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Dec 13 2008, 10:39 AM~12420242
If you wire up a latching relay, you can wire up a momentary switch that can keep the compressors running for one cycle until the pressure switch opens.  It would be nice to use for guys like you. Instead of having to wait for the tanks to fill and then get out of your car, hit the switch before you get out and the relay will keep the compressors running until the tanks are full. If they ever leak down, the compressors can't kick back on and kill the battery. Maybe I can draw up a schematic and post it.

Anyone interested?
that would be good cause rite now all these words like momentary, schematic, are killing me cause im still a newbie. :confused:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will da compressor automatically stop after 200 psi or do i have to put a inline pressure switch.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yah i have more ?'s can you over fill da bag.......my switch box has like 10 switches all my car does is .....front .....back ......pancake .....is there a reason why 8 of da switches move da back?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by Looney@Dec 13 2008, 09:01 PM~12423138
will da compressor automatically stop after 200 psi or do i have to put a inline pressure switch.
The pressure switch is what shuts the compressor off, so you will want one

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by eyeneff@Dec 13 2008, 07:11 PM~12423214
The pressure switch is what shuts the compressor off, so you will want one
x2 and don't forget about a safety/pop-off valve just in case it doesn't :0

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by Looney@Dec 13 2008, 09:07 PM~12423179
oh yah i have more ?'s can you over fill da bag.......my switch box has like 10 switches all my car does is .....front .....back ......pancake .....is there a reason why 8 of da  switches move da back?
:confused: Is it a pre-wired box? Sounds like it's not wired to the valves right or something.

Normally they're wired for:
Front, Back, Pancake, See Saw, Right Side, Left Side, Then 1 for each corner

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Dec 13 2008, 09:58 PM~12423502
x2 and don't forget about a safety/pop-off valve just in case it doesn't :0
Yeah, I should probably add one of those too. :0 ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by eyeneff@Dec 13 2008, 08:20 PM~12423634
:confused: Is it a pre-wired box? Sounds like it's not wired to the valves right or something.

Normally they're wired for:
Front, Back, Pancake, See Saw, Right Side, Left Side, Then 1 for each corner

if i lift up on da switch should it lift the car up and down it should put da car down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts