LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i hit the switch for the pass side corner the pump spins but that corner does not raise. set-ups only 8 months old or so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 86juicedcutt@Dec 13 2008, 12:39 AM~12418347
when i hit the switch for the pass side corner the pump spins but that corner does not raise.  set-ups only 8 months old or so
sounds like either ur dump is stuck open or ur check valve is bad. to test to see if its the dump, close ur slowdown valve. if the car stays up its ur dump. if it still doesnt lift then sounds like ur check valve is bad. and if its a check valve ur probably running those shitty 3/8's BB check valves. which are notorious for taking a shit... if it was a seal you would still get some kind of response in lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,976 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 13 2008, 03:04 AM~12419046
sounds like either ur dump is stuck open or ur check valve is bad.  to test to see if its the dump, close ur slowdown valve.  if the car stays up its ur dump.  if it still doesnt lift then sounds like ur check valve is bad.  and if its a check valve ur probably running those shitty 3/8's BB check valves.  which are notorious for taking a shit...  if it was a seal you would still get some kind of response in lift.
X2, Everyone should just start a topic saying MR.LAYITLOW Dictionary i need your help and KingFish would be there.. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i was out rollin wit the homie and im on my way home i hit the switch and it goes up hit it again and all it does is spin so i get home start lookin at it hit the switch agian like three times and it worked fine so i leave it alone for a couple hours go to take off again hit it and it just spins so i closed the slow down and hit it a few times worked fine reset slowdown and hit it still good then after hittin it a bunch more times it started doin it again and when it does go up it stays just fine if it was the dump wouldent it bleed off when i lifted it or not. and also this might sound stupid but is the cold weather hard on your set-up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 86juicedcutt@Dec 13 2008, 04:15 AM~12419200
ok so i was out rollin wit the homie and im on my way home i hit the switch and it goes up hit it again and all it does is spin so i get home start lookin at it hit the switch agian like three times and it worked fine so i leave it alone for a couple hours go to take off again hit it and it just spins so i closed the slow down and hit it a few times worked fine reset slowdown and hit it still good then after hittin it a bunch more times it started doin it again and when it does go up it stays just fine if it was the dump wouldent it bleed off when i lifted it or not. and also this might sound stupid but is the cold weather hard on your set-up

if it only does it on the one pump, you could have a bad solenoid in there... tryin using a different switch, if it doesnt happen then its the switch. if it does its a solenoid.

this may sound like a lil work but hell its worth it to save ur car lol. take the back pumps cable off the motor and put it on ur front pump. then take the switch wire off ur front pumps solenoids and put those on ur back pump solenoids (after you takin the back pump solenoids switch wire off) now this way u can see if its either ur front solenoids are ur front switch. since ur still using the front switch to turn the solenoids on, but ur using a different set of solenoids...

or you can wire a different swtich as ur front switch, that u know works. and do that. might be less work. this way ur using a different switch, but same solenoids. so which ever you find easier to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by 86juicedcutt@Dec 13 2008, 03:15 AM~12419200
ok so i was out rollin wit the homie and im on my way home i hit the switch and it goes up hit it again and all it does is spin so i get home start lookin at it hit the switch agian like three times and it worked fine so i leave it alone for a couple hours go to take off again hit it and it just spins so i closed the slow down and hit it a few times worked fine reset slowdown and hit it still good then after hittin it a bunch more times it started doin it again and when it does go up it stays just fine if it was the dump wouldent it bleed off when i lifted it or not. and also this might sound stupid but is the cold weather hard on your set-up

in the cold id worry about your batteries more than any thing remember their not running of an alternator and depending on how cold and how long the fluid in your pumps are sitting for
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went out this morning to try and show my homie what it was doin and now its workin fine agian i think im gonna replace the soleniods on the rear pump thats being weird and maybe some new seals also just to be safe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by 86juicedcutt@Dec 13 2008, 01:52 PM~12421225
i went out this morning to try and show my homie what it was doin and now its workin fine agian i think im gonna replace the soleniods on the rear pump thats being weird and maybe some new seals also just to be safe
parked on a hill? have you checked your fluid levels?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
bleed the lines,,or check for foam in the tank after you been hittin the switch,,,
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top