LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting a 2000-2002 Lincoln TownCar around the first of the year and I have a few questions... I'm going to put a bag setup with 13"s on it because it will be my daily driver... I need to know EXACTLY how much maintenance there is to a fast bag setup, what kind of maintenance is involved, what kind of things typically go wrong, ect... I also am wondering what keeps you from over inflating a bag when you lift the car... Also what is the BEST kit out there for a TownCar like I'll be getting...(If I get it)... Thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
all you need to do right is where you mount the bag make sure it doesnt rub anywhere or else youll be gettin new bags every 2-3 weeks.....the maintenance is simple make sure you run a oil water filter and just check if its working properly by emptying it of any water if there is any every once in a while theres no major maintenance like hydraulics just try and get your setup leak proof or itll be a bitch to keep up....run big enough wire for your compressor like 8 gauge so it doesnt get too hot and run high enough fuses so they dont pop everytime your compressor kicks in or you hit a switch

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
yeah, of course you can blow a bag, thats why there are pressure ratings. Companies like Dakota Digital sell expensive digital gauges (which is what I would put in a lincoln, personally) But there are normal analog pressure gauges so you can watch the psi in the bags. Cause they can blow up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts