LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the output on a pumphead is only 3/8 whats the point of larger pressure ports on the blocks like 3/4" and 1"

·
Registered
19 Posts
thank you i been wondering the same thing. :confused:also why they run fat cyl. big ass fittings.thats just more space to fill. i'm hitting 74" with 3/8fittings.can someone explane the theory to me too!!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Remember there is another factor in this too. Not only is it how the fluid pressure gets to the cylinders, but also its how fast it gets back into the tank for the next pressure spike. It all comes down to fluid and line restriction and cavitation.

·
Registered
419 Posts
well it depends on who you ask..cavitation can be almost eliminated if you use the right oil..well basically no matter what people think or say the smallest fitting in your system is going to be basiclly be max flow.so people believe flow is the key and others like pressure i think the bigger is better idea is what is fueling this big debate on large fittings.to some extnet what makes hydraulic pressure is restriction but the goal is to get an even balance
between the two...my personal experience is that bigger isnt always better..ive seen it work and also not work.experiment with your set up no one can really give you solid answers on how to do it right unless the person saying does the job..

remember ::it doesnt take one thing to get ten more inches
but ten things to get an on

THE FAT MAN...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Nov 20 2003, 12:01 AM
Remember there is another factor in this too. Not only is it how the fluid pressure gets to the cylinders, but also its how fast it gets back into the tank for the next pressure spike. It all comes down to fluid and line restriction and cavitation.
this is a very good point..i like..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts