LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K so i thought i had this figured out then i started reading the archives here and got confused. Is the Shimmerin kandys from HOK a real Kandy or not? If not What constitutes a real kandy? And can a regular everyday painter who has never done a kandy paint job do one? The color i want the car to be is the exact same color as Rigo Cedeno's 66 Impala in the newest edition of Street Customs on page 33

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
bc sbc basecoats
uk kk kandys
kbc kandy base coat
uc ureathane clear
that is to tell what you are looking at all of these except uc have a number to define the color. it can be tricky to spray kandy but if you are a painter choose a base close to your kandy and it should be smooth sailing

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
btw all shimmerins are basecoats they are the metalliac for the kandy that gives it the pop in the sun :cool:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not painting the car just buying what i need so someone else can paint it. So tell me if i have this right. HOK Oriential blue shimmerin basecoat goes on first then HOK uk or kk oriential blue kandy then the HOK clear coat with the silver flakes? And does the color of the primer effect the final color of the car? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
kk is used for jambs and small parts likes hinges as it does not have uv absorbers for the primer use a good 2k primer (valspar comes to mind) use the uk series kandy blue and get ultra mini flake there are 2 sizes of ultra mini get the larger of the 2 . for added sparkle use white ice pearls instead of flake they are 10 times brighter any more ?'s pm me

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would suggest that if you plan to flake it then get the sg 100 intercoat clear(hok).after spraying youre base down put down the intercoat mixed with the flake then spray youre candy then finally the clear.itll give you that deep down hidden flake look!!! go with the ufc 35 clear by hok its some good stuff and also after spraying the flake wipe over the intercoat with a latex glove.itll pick out the loose flakes(gives you a smoother job)you can go with silver for youre flake cause the candy covers the flake changing its color the same as the candy.also if you really want that show paint after painting then wet sand smooth with like 600 grit then reclear ,wet sand then buff!!! the car will be beautiful and that clor combo gives you a bright blue beauty. HAPPY PAINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts