LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm guessing 'Yes'. So long as the whole lot aren't grounded. I'd say it's a bit like tapping in a 24v for you switchbox. Probably better off disconnect them though.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Yeah you can hook the charger up to one batt at a time. With them all connected in series right, 36 volts. If you just hook the charge to the pos and neg of one batt, that is 12 volts. but then when its done you have to move it to the next one.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Or if you plan on sticking with just 3 batteries, get a golf cart charger. They charge 36-volts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats the same thing the topic ended up going to last time was golf cart chargers. fuck that. I talked to a couple golf cart places they're pretty expensive.
I can justify spending 100.00 on a good quality 12V charger.
And I don't mind charging one at a time.

I just want to make sure,
that if my batts are still hooked up in a series,
and the qiuck disc. ground is unplugged,
that it is safe to charge them one at a time.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I got one I'll sell you for 150+ship, Thats what I used, now that I have 84volts I really don't need it.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Originally posted by Suede54@Oct 2 2003, 09:01 AM
So your using just a regular 12V charger and hooking the ground to the last batt. (the one hooked to the quick disconnect)
and the pos. to the first batt. which is hooked to the noids,
and charging all batts in a series at once with a regular 12V charger?
I dont use a 12v charger , i have a series charger for 72v. Thats your best bet to get a series charger. You can charge 12,24,36,48,60 and 72volts with it, so if you decide to add more batts you can just use the same charger. I got a schumacher charger that i paid around $200 for..

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
here is a pic of mine

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Originally posted by Suede54@Oct 2 2003, 03:15 PM
68 Merc,
Thank you.
I'm gonna order the Schumaker 36V series charger from these guys.
Thanks again for finally curing my headache.
Matt
No problem.. :biggrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts