LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wus thinkin of movin it from the trunk to mountin it under the driver side dash, anybody have sum Ideas

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jonboy77@Aug 11 2005, 01:32 PM~3594695
i've got mine coming out under the front seat
yea thats a good idea but I have custom seats that dont have a space under them

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by Psycho631@Aug 11 2005, 04:36 PM~3594723
yea thats a good idea but I have custom seats that dont have a space under them
have it so the quick disconnect is just in front of the seat

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
its a good idea, for safety also. if somthing happens you can disconect it before you get a fire, or crash trying to get off the road.

if you do it, make sure you run the other end of the ground to the frame of the car, if you do it to a seat bolt, and your rack is welded to the frame, you will be grounding your setup thru all the grounds in the car. i had mine to the seatbolt and my lights would bright/dim when i hit switches, also it would arc up in the rear pillar. scared the shit outta me at night!

also use a thicker cable like a 2/0.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by jonboy77@Aug 12 2005, 11:17 AM~3603576
yeah i would definitely run atleast 2/0 gauge welding cable.
Depends on what you got in the trunk, I would not use 2/0 gauge cable to run a jumper for my ground up front, that cable is veeeerrrrryyyyyy unflexible, and you are gonna have a good time trying to run it under your carpet. So it does depend on the system. 4-6 batteries, 1-2 guage, 8 batteries 1/0-2/0, anything more, better get some thick wire.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
run another wire back to the rack then just to be sure , I did. I didnt have any problems either. And i only ran 1/0 Welding Lead

1 - 14 of 14 Posts