LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
the quick disconnect is for a emergency disconnect.

if you put it on the + wire, you'll be able to remove the power in case your noids are fucked up and your pump continue running...

but what happen if you make a short circuit between one of the batteries poles and the sheetmetal of the car? you will not be able to disconnect it. because it happen before the quick disconnect. i saw a picture of someone hit the + and sheetmatal with his watch... it was like a picture of freddies nightmare... another fact to not use the quick disconnect with + is: what if the electrical insulation of your cable gets damaged? you'll start a big fire in your car!!!! or your battaries explode!!! don't play with that much power, if you don't know what you do. you'll find you back in a hospital or your car catch fire!!!

take a picture of your rack and explain us why it is not possible to connect - to the quick disconnect. i can't believe it.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could use a quick disconnect on the grounding but look at my setup:

There are 2 possibilitys in my eyes to use the qick disconnect at the grounding, both are bad:

1) Using 3 different quick disconnects to the frame from each - pole: bad idea, if you got to pull all 3 out...

2) Lay all 3 - poles together an go to the frame with one quick disconnect: also bad, because of the long cable ways...

G

·
Originally posted by weatmaster@Sep 20 2006, 07:02 AM~6209205
I could use a quick disconnect on the grounding but look at my setup:

There are 2 possibilitys in my eyes to use the qick disconnect at the grounding, both are bad:

1) Using 3 different quick disconnects to the frame from each - pole: bad idea, if you got to pull all 3 out...

2) Lay all 3 - poles together an go to the frame with one quick disconnect: also bad, because of the long cable ways...
you should just rewire that whole mess, just my opinion though

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by classic kustoms@Sep 20 2006, 03:10 PM~6209251
you should just rewire that whole mess,  just my opinion though
Nono, thats how it workz perfect... just need to find a way for my qick disconnect!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by impala64lowrider@Sep 20 2006, 03:55 PM~6209559
thats how you should wire the shit:

Can you post a better pic - your drawing looks like i am gona burst all my batts when i wired it up, when i have seen it right.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Lolohopper@Sep 20 2006, 06:41 PM~6210283
That way si also ok.

but i think you can charge it only with 36V !!!
no, either he use a 24v charger and a 12v charger at the same time or he us a 12v charger and have to charge 3 times.

i would buy a 12v charger 20A and charge every bank seperately (you don't have to disconnect the banks to recharge.)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
How many Pumps are you running? I see a very simple fix with the gounding issue. But i would need to no how many pumps are going to be used.
T

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by Lolohopper+Sep 20 2006, 09:41 AM~6210283-->
That way si also ok.

but i think you can charge it only with 36V !!!
[/b]
Yes he can.

<!--QuoteBegin-impala64lowrider
@Sep 20 2006, 09:53 AM~6210385
no, either he use a 24v charger and a 12v charger at the same time or he us a 12v charger and have to charge 3 times.

i would buy a 12v charger 20A and charge every bank seperately (you don't have to disconnect the banks to recharge.)
Actually, if he got a hold of a 36 volt charger that can do 25 amps, it will work. I use a 36 volt charger that came from a golf cart and I can charge 6 batteries with it in about 2 hours. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by SIK_9D1@Sep 20 2006, 06:35 PM~6210629
How many Pumps are you running? I see a very simple fix with the gounding issue. But i would need to no how many pumps are going to be used.

I am runnin 3 pumps

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by impala64lowrider@Sep 20 2006, 05:09 PM~6210073
don't do anythink, if you don't know exactly what you do. you risc your health and your car may catch fire!!!!

What :uh: , my drawing is working perfect i think, only got a diconnect prob.... ;)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by weatmaster@Sep 21 2006, 01:18 AM~6216009
What  :uh:  , my drawing is working perfect i think, only got a diconnect prob....  ;)

then it aint working perfect !.

but as always when people show or tell you how to do something you just ignore it and carry on making life awkward for yourself....

All your batts should share one ground point, the chassis, as your pumps and sols do, otherwise you will get 'ground loops' and that will make your set up shit and unpredictable when you need to kill it quick.

you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink !

:twak:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts