LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering why people have thier disconnect located outside the trunk? would it be better to have right beside your seat? i have a quick disconnect heavyduty button switch that i wanna install by my seat instead of havin it in the back, what do yall think? and why have it in the back of the car? :dunno:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 86hydroblazer@Feb 15 2010, 12:45 AM~16615440
just wondering why people have thier disconnect located outside the trunk? would it be better to have right beside your seat? i have a quick disconnect heavyduty button switch that i wanna install by my seat instead of havin it in the back,  what do yall think? and why have it in the back of the car? :dunno:

shorter cable less resistance...but if ur gonna run one under ur seat, dont use ur seat bolt bracket or any other sheetmetal part of the car to ground it to..drill a hole thru the floor pan and weld a stud to ur cars frame or bolt it to the tranny mount...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i figured, the longer the wire the thicker it has to be ,i wouldnt mind leavin it inthe back, but by the time i get off and disconnect it itll burn everything cuz i have a fucked up leg so it takes me a while to get off any car lol :tears: :banghead:

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@Feb 15 2010, 01:57 AM~16615554
the longer the ground the more power you lose
Really? Well, glad I learned that early. I wanted to run mine under my front seat.

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
I have my ground under my seat w no power issues whatsoever :confused:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Originally posted by Switchblade@Feb 15 2010, 07:31 AM~16616371
Really? Well, glad I learned that early. I wanted to run mine under my front seat.
I have mine under the seat but I have only lifted up 20 times since my install. For a lay and play setup it will be fine under the seat as long as you do like kingfish said and drill though the floor and bolt the ground to the frame. Oh a use big ass ground cable.

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@Feb 14 2010, 11:57 PM~16615554
the longer the ground the more power you lose
not with 1/0 cable.........................on a hopper running it hanging out the trunk is better.......but on a daily there is no other way but under the seat :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Feb 15 2010, 10:10 AM~16616473
not with 1/0 cable.........................on a hopper running it hanging out the trunk is better.......but on a daily there is no other way but under the seat :thumbsup:
x2-every 20 feet you use a size bigger wire,so if your set up runs 2ga use 1ga to run it under your seat-thats with anything..hydros/car sterio ect-everyone i know has a welder dissconnect in the trunk and a shut off switch mounted under front seat-double saftey :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 15 2010, 10:31 AM~16616540
How about parts that dont fail so you dont need to unplug things?
if you build them...they will come ahahaha :biggrin:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
i got 2 cables ran to under the seat, from the trunk. the longer the wire the more resistance is true, but i think it that is if u want to get technical you dont lose enuff power to make a difference, and if u want to get technical there are other metals out there besides copper that will dissipate heat better, and result in less resistance....

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 15 2010, 08:45 AM~16616603
if you build them...they will come ahahaha  :biggrin:
only if you can get people to use them first. oh and they have to be cheap.

In theory, there's plenty of marine/electric cart noids that should work, but everytime someone tries one, it fails (i.e. pro hopper hd noid)

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 15 2010, 11:45 AM~16618228
only if you can get people to use them first. oh and they have to be cheap.

In theory, there's plenty of marine/electric cart noids that should work, but everytime someone tries one, it fails (i.e. pro hopper hd noid)
True....majority of lowriders are cheap bastards :mad:

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by Switchblade@Feb 15 2010, 06:31 AM~16616371

I THINK FOR US ITS BEST UNDER THE SEAT.. UNLESS YOU'RE BUILDING A HOPPER...

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by 86hydroblazer@Feb 15 2010, 08:36 AM~16616878
i guess i wont run a quick disconnect just run it direct and let the shit burn if it wants haha
:wow: :biggrin:

·
Registered
948 Posts
running under the seat is the only right way.. grounds hanging out the trunk are for lazy hacks, or hoppers. i always run 2/0 or 1/0 welding cable from seat to battery rack. i run both wires to the back because i dont wanna drill a hole in my floors to get to my frame. and whoever says u lose power, dont know what there talking about, just use the right cable. and iv done this on 5 or 6 cars and NEVER had a problem.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts