LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
you know i always said not to run it up front due to resistance and all that .....but after 2 fires in my trunk i decided to run 1 up front and 1 in the trunk....i can honestly say i do not notice any difference at all...not 1 single thing........

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Originally posted by OneSexy95Fleetwood@Oct 2 2007, 03:21 PM~8917779
you know i always said not to run it up front due to resistance and all that .....but after 2 fires in my trunk i decided to run 1 up front and 1 in the trunk....i can honestly say i do not notice any difference  at all...not 1 single thing........

that sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@Oct 2 2007, 05:09 PM~8918047
anyone else?

I HAVE MINE UNDER THE SEAT, BU IF U GONNA DO THAT U SHOULD RUN A 0 GAUGE WIRE !

IS TO LONG OF A TRAVEL FOR THE GROUND, THAT WILL CAUSE THE WIRE TO HEAT UP AND COUSE A FIRE !!! ;)

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by OneSexy95Fleetwood@Oct 2 2007, 03:21 PM~8917779
you know i always said not to run it up front due to resistance and all that .....but after 2 fires in my trunk i decided to run 1 up front and 1 in the trunk....i can honestly say i do not notice any difference  at all...not 1 single thing........
;)

run a bolt thru the floor. run another cable to the body or frame. Thats what I do. No differance and No mad dash to the rear.. :biggrin:

Welders cable. No air and solid core can be used up to 110 volts..

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by DaLocstah@Oct 2 2007, 05:28 PM~8918138
I HAVE MINE UNDER THE SEAT, BU IF U GONNA DO THAT U SHOULD RUN A 0 GAUGE WIRE !

IS TO LONG OF A TRAVEL FOR THE GROUND, THAT WILL CAUSE THE WIRE TO HEAT UP AND COUSE A FIRE !!! ;)
x2 or even double 0 in a big body-every 20 feet you should gauge down to bigger wire

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 2 2007, 07:16 PM~8918461
;)

run a bolt thru the floor. run another cable to the body or frame. Thats what I do. No differance and No mad dash to the rear.. :biggrin:

Welders cable. No air and solid core can be used up to 110 volts..
exactly what i did....welders cable as well..

·
49,409 Posts
I started with mine in the trunk and won't do it ever again. I can't stand having to pop the trunk everytime I park.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
It's very convenient having it under the seat. Quick in-and-out. Unless I'm specifically looking at/for something, I don't want to open the trunk ever time I get in and out of the car.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
ive always used it under the seat on all my cars never have i had a problem, just make sure u bolt it to the frame like they said earlier, make a hole to bolt it to the frame :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I have always heard its not good to run it under the seat,

So i said fuck thatbecause i was driving mine everyday and it saved me and the car one day going down the highway at like 50mph and i was tapping up the car and the left rear noids locked up, thats fast when your car just throws a 3 up @ 50 mph, scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy

luckily i had mine under the seat :cool:

·
Registered
450 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I think some idiots . ( I know for fact) where running them to the seat belt bolt or floor by itself. thats Y it had a bad rap.. Our hoper / every day driver has under seat and one in threw the trunk . that way eithor or..

Mine has both too. the one in the back is hidden , if theirs something I cannot do work wise. i can disconect it and whomever gets in can try but will not be able to hit switches.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@Oct 3 2007, 08:31 AM~8922881
does it matter what kind of quick disconnect to run
Not really I got both kinds. they work just fine. My truck has welder style. twist and be done.. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts