LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Damn...After reading your Tutorials...I feel like a can paint a whole car without a problem...... :biggrin:

You still planning on moving to Texas??

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Oct 15 2005, 03:04 AM~4004592
Yes eventualy........it seems just when I'm about to go......something comes up :uh:

Hopefully things get wrapped up soon, cuz i'm realy looking foward to it :biggrin:

you'll like it down here....

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
mi estilo....you should do a paint book for dummies.....get paid by mofos like me...........im paint challenged.......every attempt has had a problem .and give up for a while..............now im workin on my neon and it has frigin a zillion dents....whats your take on skim coating panels with body filler.................

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by KREWL-TEE-2003@Oct 20 2005, 12:30 PM~4039246
mi estilo....you should do a paint book for dummies.....get paid by mofos like me...........im paint challenged.......every attempt has had a problem .and give up for a while..............now im workin on my neon and it has frigin a zillion dents....whats your take on skim coating panels with body filler.................
Honestly I hate doing body work :angry:
And I do what ever I can to avoid doing it, front fenders and hoods will always get replaced....lol

But you can't be a painter with out being able to know at least you're basics in body work.

When skim coating, I bring out as much as the dents that I can

make sure the panel is all well scuffed up and down to metal.
I like useing a 2 part polyester glazing puddy when skimming, it's got a nicer flow.

I scoop up a generous amount with my spreader and start applying it spreading it from front to back, then switching, back to front, until I have a nice even spread......let it cure, and block sand

Repeat if necessary

PS LOL @ at the koolaid link :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Oct 21 2005, 11:12 AM~4046270
Honestly I hate doing body work :angry:
And I do what ever I can to avoid doing it, front fenders and hoods will always get replaced....lol

But you can't be a painter with out being able to know at least you're basics in body work.

When skim coating, I bring out as much as the dents that I can

make sure the panel is all well scuffed up and down to metal.
I like useing a 2 part polyester glazing puddy when skimming, it's got a nicer flow.

I scoop up a generous amount with my spreader and start applying it spreading it from front to back, then switching, back to front, until I have a nice even spread......let it cure, and block sand

Repeat if necessary
PS  LOL @ at the koolaid link :biggrin:
Glad to see your tutorials got stickied bro- hope things are going good for you.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Nov 3 2005, 04:07 PM~4130890
Glad to see you back :biggrin:
Thanks G

·
Registered
21,876 Posts

·
Registered
21,876 Posts