LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
ANY TOPICS ON HOW TO PROPERLY REPAIR A FLOOR PATCH PANEL??? JUST WANTED TO SEE SOME WORK AND SEE HOW SOMEONE ELSE DID IT ANY INFO WOULD HELP THANKS..:D

·
.."BACKYARD BOOGIE"...
12,670 Posts
Good topic here

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whats the best way to do the swirls on the gold leaf? An what type of size (glue) do u use an how long do u have to wait to get that nice looking swirls??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just ordered Wizard's Scrollbrush Pinstriping and Automotive (and Motorcycle) Gold Leafing from a website called Smartflix.com they rent how to videos for ten bucks . I'm just gonna copy em. Haha but thought I'd share. I've been reading the forum for a while and tried the leading tips but I still can't figure it out? The size I'm using Is a fast dry oil based one made buy DUX I don't know if anyone has used it? I'm going to try rolco or one shot though. I tried thinning with paint thinner (mineral spirits) like the Kafka YouTube video but I had less luck then straight up? I think next try I will wait till glue drys even more? I did the squeek test with back of knuckle but I still get little tiny blister like wet spots??? Also I am using a very fine haired brush to apply the size . It levels out like glass while it's drying so I'm lost??? Anyway hope for

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anybody know if there's a topic on how to install moonroofs with or without skin? I'm mainly looking for a topic on how to do one with a skin

·
MYSTIFY
518 Posts
Gotta question, has anyone used that paintwithpearl, is the candy mix worth spraying on something that'll be used for shows

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this very helpful post. There are a ton of things that individuals take for granted and some of the most innocent things take a ton of work. Car paint, for instance, has to undergo a ton of screening before it can get put on a car. <a href="http://www.cardealexpert.com/news-information/fyi/car-paint-testing/">Car paint</a> screening includes exposing shades of paint to years of intense climate conditions to see if it can stand up.

-mike conrad

101 - 119 of 119 Posts