LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put an air ride suspension in my mazda. It consists of 4 mac-air struts, couple tanks, and a dakota digital air ride control unit. My question is, my wife doesn't like to mess with the switch box at all. So can I leave the car at ride level when I go to sleep if I know she is going to be taking the car in the morning? Ride level is about 1cm above the tires, so definitely not even close to full pressure. Usually I'll slam the car at night, but this would be a nice option. I guess what I am really asking is will this damage my system? I really don't want to always have to slam the car when I am parking it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Just a suggestion also:

If your wife doesn't like to touch the controls, it might be a good idea to have an isolator switch to turn of the power to the main switches once you have set the correct ride height, so that she can use the car without any worries. With live switches, if your wife accidentally hits a switch whilst out in the car she may not know how to get it all back to the right level.

:)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I always leave mine at ride height, the bags are made to take pressure, and youre not gonna hurt anything..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 21 2003, 01:27 AM
Just a suggestion also:

If your wife doesn't like to touch the controls, it might be a good idea to have an isolator switch to turn of the power to the main switches once you have set the correct ride height, so that she can use the car without any worries. With live switches, if your wife accidentally hits a switch whilst out in the car she may not know how to get it all back to the right level.

:)
lol my moms did that and she was riding my pimpmobile on its side all over the place, kinda funny :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 21 2003, 01:49 AM

lol my moms did that and she was riding my pimpmobile on its side all over the place, kinda funny :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Any chance you could set that up again and get it on video?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by yellowmp5@Nov 20 2003, 03:44 AM
I just put an air ride suspension in my mazda. It consists of 4 mac-air struts, couple tanks, and a dakota digital air ride control unit. My question is, my wife doesn't like to mess with the switch box at all. So can I leave the car at ride level when I go to sleep if I know she is going to be taking the car in the morning? Ride level is about 1cm above the tires, so definitely not even close to full pressure. Usually I'll slam the car at night, but this would be a nice option. I guess what I am really asking is will this damage my system? I really don't want to always have to slam the car when I am parking it.

Thanks in advance
The BEST thing to do is to teach your wife how to pop the car up when she hops into it. The more she knows about what's going on out back, the safer she'll be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts