LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever welded a pipe slightly bigger that the spring in the top of the spring pocket to keep it all in place??? If so how did it perform or not.. on a G-BODY. Let me know what ya guys think thanks

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Pointless ......coil does not touch upper pocket.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he means using a large tube and custom making a upper spring pocket/perch
[/qu

correct! The pocket is custom and is bigger than stock. There is a lot of room for the spring to move around in there and i was wondering if a pipe would work good to keep it all in place? thats all

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
try it and see what happens

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 1 2008, 06:31 AM~12300344
I think he means using a large tube and custom making a upper spring pocket/perch
x2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 1 2008, 12:10 AM~12299784
Pointless ......coil does not touch upper pocket.....
x3 :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sayin when the car is hoppin there is a chance the spring can move around a little, put pressure on the cylinder and possibly bend it. If there was a pipe a little bigger than the spring welded to the top of the pocket that came down a couple of inches that would prevent the spring from moving and the cylinder bending. I bent 2 cylinders with 2 pumps 6 batteries hittin 30's. Im just trying to prevent problems ahead of time.

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by backbumper79@Dec 1 2008, 07:36 PM~12306517
im sayin when the car is hoppin there is a chance the spring can move around a little, put pressure on the cylinder and possibly bend it. If there was a pipe a little bigger than the spring welded to the top of the pocket that came down a couple of inches that would prevent the spring from moving and the cylinder bending. I bent 2 cylinders with 2 pumps 6 batteries hittin 30's. Im just trying to prevent problems ahead of time.
:uh: u must have missed my first post......POINTLESS....... when u hop and the coil compresses it gets pushed away from the upper pocket.....welding a pipe will do nothing.....try 2 sleeve the cylinder

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Or get better cylinders.....

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by backbumper79@Dec 1 2008, 09:50 PM~12308271
oh yea  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
what if the pipe was the same length as the pocket??
:uh: listen homie....i tried 2 help , but i give up....try it n see what happens :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I think your idea is good... Just keep in mind.. You want to use the coil to its fullest potential....
Full suspension travel and movement is important....

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 1 2008, 07:52 PM~12306664
:uh: u must have missed my first post......POINTLESS.......  when u hop and the coil compresses it gets pushed away from the upper pocket.....welding a pipe will do nothing.....try 2 sleeve the cylinder

I think your wrong... Just my opinion.. Also he never said if he was running a coil over or coil under....

I built a few crazy spring pockets before... no pics though..

Here is a pic i found on here... (sorry forgot who posted it)

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 2 2008, 06:09 AM~12310406
I think your wrong... Just my opinion.. Also he never said if he was running a coil over or coil under....

I built a few crazy spring pockets before... no pics though..

Here is a pic i found on here... (sorry forgot who posted it)

and you are entitled 2 ur opinion.... ..

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i never said it couldn't be done...

You can put clear taillights on a lamborghini if you want..its up to you

Thats the best part of lowriding... Its all about you and your unique style
( like you didnt know :biggrin: )

But it really doesnt look like that his car is that low in the front (its lower then stock)
Its not like his car is laying frame all around (any more pic?) and can hop

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by MoreBounce 805@Dec 3 2008, 12:52 AM~12321177
You are absolutely right Chris but remember the Customer is always right.  :around:
:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts