LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few weeks every time i put my foot on the brake pedal or press the horn or turn on lights, etc. everything in the car flickers. i figured it was a bad ground, so i planned fixing it in the next few weeks. now today i'm driving and i put my foot on the brake and EVERYTHING goes dead except the engine, signals, power windows, and dash lights.

trunk, antenna, head unit, brake lights, air conditioner, etc. is dead.

i've tried everything... i tested the alternator and battery and they're both good... i checked the main grounds (going from battery to engine and from battery to chassis). the engine still runs and starts fine though! i'm stuck with my trunk open (i made the mistake of seeing if the trunk unlock motor works, and it doesn't) and now i've got $800.00 in subs and amps and batterys sitting open in my driveway. i need to get this fixed ASAP

Please help someone

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
at first it sounded like the "fuseable link" fried because of a short somewhere.
but usually when that happens the intire car goes dead---it wont even start--nothing.

you may have blown only one link if you car has more than one.

just remimber than there is no point in fixing it till you find what is shorted out.

Last edited by dough916 at Sep 2 2003, 06:28 PM

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was the fuseable link ;) replaced that (with help :D) and everything runs fine. even fixed my "lights dimming" problem :D

the thing that was wrong with it was traced to the two horns on the right of the car that were drawing 30 amps, so they were shorting stuff... disconnected those, and i've still got two more on the left :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
good for u lowride 4 ever!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts