LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to homedepot today to get some peel and seal for the doors, but of course, they didnt have it...

i went to lowes right down the street and they only had the commercial size of peel & seal (not the 6" x 25')...but i found QuickFix Perfecto Wrap (6" x 25')...
it looks just like PS, and its instructions are very similar to PS (no other objects needed to apply, just peal adhesive cover back and apply)

my question is should i go for it, or take it back to the store?

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i couldnt wait so the driver's side door is done...

that shit is extremely sticky... when i first started to apply it on to the door, a "tip" brushed against the door and STUCK like there was no tomorrow... i had to just cut it and apply around that area...im going to do the passenger side tomorrow morning, its just too fucking hot here in south florida...

whe the passenger side is done, i will be able to let you guys know if its worth the $12.97 at LOWES (which i have a strong feeling it is)

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, both doors are done... i dont know how good this stuff is compared to dynamat xtreme & peel and seal, but the waves inside of the cabin are mad stronger... its like the bass is more focused (i guess you could say)...im just glad that it still gets loud outside of the truck, my biggest concern was loosing the "set off alarm" attribute that my sub seems to abuse :cool:

i figure, for less then $13.00, shit, why not...

-qs

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats sound deadening stuff right? man thats cheap as fuck! i thaught it was mad expensive!

what u got in ur system? comp vr? do u have any in ur trunk and can you tell a big difference?

im gettin some pioneer ts-306dvc's which are supposed to be comparable to comp vr's so id like to know if i should go ahead and start sound deadening stuff...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Twistid@Aug 9 2005, 09:31 PM~3572941
thats sound deadening stuff right? man thats cheap as fuck! i thaught it was mad expensive!

what u got in ur system? comp vr? do u have any in ur trunk and can you tell a big difference?

im gettin some pioneer ts-306dvc's which are supposed to be comparable to comp vr's so id like to know if i should go ahead and start sound deadening stuff...

not to shit on your equipment, but compvr's would reign on those pioneers (even though they can handle 100 more watts RMS then the compVR's)...i drive a truck and the 05compVR12" sits behind the driver and passenger seats in the middle...i didnt recognize an "eye opening" difference, but the difference was apparant, diffenetly worth the $13... i only did the doors, im thinking of taking the carpet and seats out and doing the floor of the truck in it as well... my truck wasnt made for luxury (it was made to be work truck) so they didnt "cater" to the truck with sound deadening material as they do with most high-end vehicles...

for 13 bucks, try it out, i would do the floor, walls, and lid of the trunk (place carpet or something over the lid afterwards so that it all flows)... i found it in the roofing section...

-qs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts