LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all

will a 155 mount on a 13x7 just like any other tire and rim, or do you need to have a tube inside because the tire is so skinny compared to the rim? whats the basic run down on the tire mounting?

thanks

lee

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
You dont need a tube, but I was thinking of this and it seems it would be safer. Just a month or two ago a guy killed 3 of his freinds and tore his Impala in half here, im convinced it was the tire popping off the rim, they havent released the reason yet. But i took the turn in my car and its long and fairly curved. Not to mention the fact he was going 100mph. (stupid fuck) Anyone else know if this makes the skinny ass tire on the wide rim any safer?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
doing 100 is dumb to start with, plus an impala needs more than the recommended tire pressure the tire calls for of 35psi. I know people that ran 35 and 40psi on their impala and the lip of the 13 would cut into the sidewall of the tire cause the weight of the car was flattening the tire too much.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I didnt say he was my freind or anything, I like to keep a least slightly intelligent company. Anyways, I already realized that you have to run over pressure, and why not break that rule whne you are alrdy ver the weight limitation. But does haveing a tube inside help significantly or not really enough to matter?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn i like 155's on a 13x7 but it aint worth it if im gonna risk my family's lives, i dont drive crazy, but you never know when you may have to pull up in a real hurry on a rainy night... at least my car wont be a daily, but it will get alot of street use...

so anybody here gonna answer my question on the tubes? do you need to tube it or not?

thanks

lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts