LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, hope someone can help me out. I am having my Toyota Supra (turbo) painted in a few weeks and am wanting this color. If not this exact paint can someone help me out with another paint that may produce the same look. How would the HOK Orion Silver look with some Silver Pearl or Ice Pearl added (added directly to the Orion Silver instead of added in the first layer of clear coat). I would prefer to stay away from the so called Tricoats. I would like to stay away from the tricoast because of any matching issue down the road with collision repairs.

Might have to copy and paste.
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...dge/ramrod.html

·
Registered
949 Posts
spectraflair ..

you could try the ice pearl ,, but you will never achieve the same brightness and purity and multiple colour angles as this pigment will without goin tri coat and even then you'll have difficulty ,,
also the ice pearls will add significant appearance(coarsness) differences ..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Sabre... Anyone else? Can I get some opinions on how you guys think this may turn out - HOK Orion Silver with a good amount of HOK Dry Silver Pearl added to the base. This would be a Pearl Orion Silver with a clear on top (2 stage). Hopefully, you guys can give me some expert opinions. My car is going under the knife soon. What ever I decide, I will post some before and after pics (hopefully you guys won't banish me as a ricer since my car lays down some good power 600hp).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
ive used hok products for 4 years now and the orion silver is one of the bes silvers ive used . add some white ice peral and you should have a killer combo!!! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts