LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i open the top cap open the peacock below let it drain fill it up with some water, run the car so it can warm up and let the water run through the system, then drain it again? then add 50/ radiator fluid and 50% water? till its full and how do i know its full?

and how much water does my 87 caddy hold its a rwd with the olds 307 5.0 liter...

and should i use distilled water?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i flushed it about 2 times to get it clean...
anyways i just used tap water fuck it its just to cool the engine i dont see why i need distilled water...

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Originally posted by 67impala@Aug 2 2003, 01:38 PM~941752
alright so i open the top cap open the peacock below let it drain fill it up with some water, run the car so it can warm up and let the water run through the system, then drain it again? then add 50/ radiator fluid and 50% water? till its full and how do i know its full?

and how much water does my 87 caddy hold its a rwd with the olds 307 5.0 liter...

and should i use distilled water?
i got a 87 brougham 2, just the radiator flush on it two days ago :cool:
just drain it until u see clear water

·
18,723 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and buy the little jug of Radiator flush, your suppose to use it when you do a "Radiator Flush", get it... It will clean the insides not just run the old stuff out. You can disconnect a heater hose and run the car a bit, the water pump will pump out alot more junk from the block. The "Radiator flush" will have directions on how to use it.

You use distilled water because it has a higher boiling temperature than tap water. Microwave some distilled water, it wont boil, but stick a spoon in the water when you take it out of the microwave and the water will EXPLODE because you just added impurities to it.

Or do it the Jiffy way express way like you did, drain it, stick the hose in it and put some coolant in it, whatever.. theres right ways and then your way.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Sep 23 2008, 06:59 PM~11679937
lol after i replied i looked and this topic is from 2003
:biggrin: I'm sure he's figured it out by now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts