LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can tell me why I have to keep on filling up my radiator at least once a week? I'm sure it's something simple, but today I had to fill it up ALOT and it's just getting annoying. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But where? I haven't seem anything leaking. My floorboard is dry and haven't seen any wet spots under the car.

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
radiator could be leaking, hoses could be leaking, intake could be leaking, head gaskets could be shot etc etc :0

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try smelling the exhaust (not too much... ;) ) and see if it smells like antifreeze.
If it does, you have a leak on the head gasket or intake manifold gasket.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Originally posted by dcairns@Feb 18 2010, 09:23 PM~16655208
Try smelling the exhaust (not too much...  ;) ) and see if it smells like antifreeze.
If it does, you have a leak on the head gasket or intake manifold gasket.
X2. Make sure there is none in the oil. I had a water pump go bad on me once and for some strange reason it would only piss out antifreeze while I was driving, so I never saw it leak. My neighbor saw it when I pulled in one day and pointed it out.

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
you should fix the leak. water will lead to rust and/or a cracked block depending on where you live.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As soon as I find the source I'll fix it. I live in Florida. I do think it's leaking at the manifold, so I'll check that out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by southside64@Feb 18 2010, 11:13 PM~16656493
As soon as I find the source I'll fix it. I live in Florida. I do think it's leaking at the manifold, so I'll check that out.
Get the system pressure tested...

·
Puro GUERRERO Compas
852 Posts
Originally posted by supersporting88@Feb 18 2010, 08:27 PM~16655258
X2.  Make sure there is none in the oil.  I had a water pump go bad on me once and for some strange reason it would only piss out antifreeze while I was driving, so I never saw it leak.  My neighbor saw it when I pulled in one day and pointed it out.

x3 white smoke coming out of the tailpipe???

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 18 2010, 06:14 PM~16655120
its leaking
NAW LOOK AT HIS LOCATION I THINK ITS EVAPORATION ISSUE.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by CRAZY_NDN604@Feb 20 2010, 06:12 AM~16668998
NAW LOOK AT HIS LOCATION I THINK ITS EVAPORATION ISSUE.
Anti-freeze a.k.a ethelene glycol does not evaporate like water does ;) There are 2 kinds, boil away & the kind that doesn't boil away but the boil away kinds are treated to decrease evaporation so my money would be on either an internal or external leak:cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Feb 20 2010, 08:54 PM~16674392
Anti-freeze a.k.a ethelene glycol does not evaporate like water does ;)  There are 2 kinds, boil away & the kind that doesn't boil away but the boil away kinds are treated to decrease evaporation so my money would be on either an internal or external leak:cool:
just blow my cover up, i was trying to fuck with the guy, you cock blocker. :biggrin:

·
Registered
695 Posts
check your oil.

possible that you got 5 quarts of oil in the engine along with 2+ quarts of coolant in there also ????
seen it happen before.... scarry stuff.

also seen a car with a good amount of gas in the oil.
car was started up for short drives - and fuel constantly was washing down the sides of the cylinders to the oil pan.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by CRAZY_NDN604@Feb 21 2010, 07:35 PM~16681066
just blow my cover up, i was trying to fuck with the guy, you cock blocker. :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Well it still could be an evap issue though, especially if he's the kind of kind that tops off his coolant everytime with just water ;)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
White smoke out the tailpipe could indicate that you have a blown head gasket. Pressure test your system.

If you still can't find a leak that way, then try putting fluorescent dye in the coolant, run the engine, and shine a UV light around to see if you can spot a leak visually.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
remember oil floats on water so if water is getting in the oil pan the oil will be on top and you might not see it on the dip stick but it would look like it has to much oil in it, if the motor hasn't been run in a while. I drained the oil on a caddy with a bad head gasket once and 3 quarts of water came out before any oil. but if its been run it will look milky when its all mixed together.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by southside64@Feb 18 2010, 08:18 PM~16655153
But where? I haven't seem anything leaking. My floorboard is dry and  haven't seen any wet spots under the car.
probably a gasket above the exhaust, and its burning off, so you never see a puddle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts