LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post some pix up or descriptions of good mounting areas for decks amps speaks wutever, i've got a wagon and its bagged so the spare tire area is out and its a 9 passenger so the back pan wont work, its goin to be for my wife i was thinking some 6.5 componets in kick panels and some 6x9 somewhere in the rear and i am keeping factory radio so i was wondering if they have a real small tuner with ipod hookup that could be hidden. ideas :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
i took a look at ur build up thread, the wagon looks good! i would throw ur headunit in the glovebox, or build a console under the dash to the floor that will house ur air gauges and the headunit as well. that would really make it clean looking. and as far as amps go, i have seen them mounted under the seats on wagons..

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I dont have any pics of mine but its kinda like what TKO said. I got a little console under my dash on the tranny hump that has my headunit, switchbox, air guage, and cup holders all built in. I originally just had the headunit hanging under the dash but then i needed somewhere to mount my switches. This is in a '59 btw... ill snap some pics soon

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Jan 29 2010, 01:52 PM~16452640
I dont have any pics of mine but its kinda like what TKO said. I got a little console under my dash on the tranny hump that has my headunit, switchbox, air guage, and cup holders all built in. I originally just had the headunit hanging under the dash but then i needed somewhere to mount my switches. This is in a '59 btw... ill snap some pics soon
daaamn cup holders too?! :cheesy: cant wait to see those pics :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Jan 29 2010, 03:35 PM~16453576
great idea especially the cup holders  :thumbsup:
we're all on the same page :biggrin: i wanna see the cup holders cuz i have seen people just screw some plastic ones into the floor :uh: but if u integrate it into the console itd look sick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
just took em with the flash so they dont look as good.... but u get the idea

and before the questions are even asked, the wire is out like that so i can still take the switchbox out of the car and hit sdwitches. and on the 3rd pic, the lil square hole where u can see the little bit of red is the shutoff switch for the compressors :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Jan 29 2010, 05:43 PM~16453645
u can kinda see it in this pic....

ill go snap some now
and there are blue LEDs in the cup holder... look sick at night but are very distracting. I dont have them on in the new pics cuz my batt. is disconnected

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by tko_818@Jan 29 2010, 06:08 PM~16453909

:cheesy: clean! im thinkin about goin the same route except in fiberglass :biggrin:
good call. I used fiberglass to make the little holder for the guage and to mold everything but fiberglassing the whole thing was out of the question for me... i dont have that much skill yet :cool:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Jan 29 2010, 04:55 PM~16453804

and before the questions are even asked, the wire is out like that so i can still take the switchbox out of the car and hit sdwitches. and on the 3rd pic, the lil square hole where u can see the little bit of red is the shutoff switch for the compressors  :cool:  :cool:
Dam baller you must have a good $6.00 there in change :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Jan 29 2010, 05:19 PM~16454614
hey that looks really good but one question can the old lady still snuggle up next to ya when ya cruizzm :cool:  :biggrin:
excellent question! and people wonder why id never roll an SS :uh: :biggrin:

·
Rolling So Low
7,095 Posts

:cheesy: clean! im thinkin about goin the same route except in fiberglass :biggrin:
nice when and if i get a wagon from a homie im thinking of doing a center concel with a stained wood look. so it will go with my theme.
:cool:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by chaos91@Jan 29 2010, 11:18 PM~16457889
nice  when and if i get a wagon from a homie im thinking of doing a center concel with a stained wood look. so it will go with my theme.
:cool:
:cheesy: thats gunna look great homie. any pics of the theme so far?! :x:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts