LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ok J i got my new camera and i have about 3 pictures of the front and back lifting systems. i just need someone who can upload em, i tryed sending them to you jevries, and it returned me an eror saying that email is not in servis. sooooo anyone? oh you can modify it by citting a bit off the thin side of the rear lift wheel, so that the peice of plastic it lifts on hits the rear motor caseing. and you going to have to make sure you sand it smooth or else it will catch on the plastic and not lift up. aslo, u have to cut some off of the rear trunk section so it doesnt hit anything and tucks up high as possible. with the front lifted, and the back down, the ass end of the body should just about touch the ground. theres just enough room for flints on mine. if this is to confusing, the picture will help. oh and were the plastic hits the caseing, put a small square of duble-sided slitcy foam tape, with only one sticy side pointing down, it will cushion the hit. and make it not sound so ugly.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
no shit, i need to find my reciept and go back for some refundage....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know that this might sound like a load of crap, but the latest lowrider car out of radio shack was my idea. I bought the 69 el camino and put gold spoke 20's on it from a shop here in San Antonio (Al's Hobbies). I sent off the pictures around february. I mentioned that they needed to make the cars more realistic. I mentioned how the spinners on my el camino all spin with the tire. If you notice, the spinners on the front of the Radio Shack Impala don't spin... only the back. I also mentioned putting lights on it (head lights, tail lights, and ground effect lights all sold at radio shack) the best they could do was make the lights flash when the car is hittin switches. I also mentioned making a model that could be customized by the owner... they came out with X-mods... I meant for the lowriders and they came with rice burners! I have since added lights to my '64 myself along with a light kit I bought from Al's Hobbies ($24.00). I bought the light kit so that I could make my own. So, if anyone is looking to put some lights on their R/C cars, let me know. I will give you a list of all of the things that you will need to get it set up. I learned a lot by trial and error, but I did it. I will get pictures and instructions as soon as possible.... but for now, go buy a dremel from walmart, a soldering gun and some LED lights from Radio Shack, and check out this site: "theledlight.com" for wiring instructions.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by K-co Jones@Dec 24 2003, 02:44 PM
I know that this might sound like a load of crap,
Sorry but I agree with you there. If you have done all of this you say you have, then why has it taken you so long to post something here on the Bike and Model forum? And you've been a LIL member since October 2003? And like jeveries said you need to check out the mods which have already been done here.Hhead lights tail lights neon ground fx and true hopping RCs is old news here.
But if what you say is true then welcome to the Bike and Model section. We all look forward to your photos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts