LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent this afternoon cutting, sizing, cutting, cussin, squeezing, pushing, cutting, and a lot more cussin to come up with this possible alternative to the nasty wheels. I found a peice of 1 1/2" (I think it was) PVC pipe with a rim-like lip, you can see the rest of it on the right, cut off about 1/4" of it off, and wrestled it into the original tire. The rim stretches the tire, so it gets a lower profile, looks a little better. The spokes are from the Pegasus set, cut the rims off, left the spokes and the structure on the back. Nothings glued in yet, and I haven't tried to adapt the parts to it so it will stay on the axles yet. My thumbs are still shaking from putting pressure on the rim and tire.

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Oct 19 2003, 04:46 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 20 2003, 12:15 AM
finally you found a goopd piece of plumming. :biggrin:
Damn you guys!!! i'm over here trying to stay off the pipe and you guys are over here with all this talk of plumbing parts and pieces. :tears: lol

looks good there poppa. :thumbsup:

cant wait to see it chromed :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice custom rim work. ;)
The rims look good as they are but mabe if you paint every other spoke then the spokes would match better, which will only work if their is an even number of spokes.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Oct 20 2003, 07:05 PM
Poppa...... did you think about maybe putting the tires in some warm water for a few and then slide them on over the new inserts?

might save some of your appendiges (spelling)
yeah, i was holding off on it since I was just a test to see how it looked.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Oct 20 2003, 07:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Oct 20 2003, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Oct 20 2003, 07:05 PM
Poppa......  did you think about maybe putting the tires in some warm water for a few and then slide them on over the new inserts?

might save some of your appendiges (spelling)
yeah, i was holding off on it since I was just a test to see how it looked.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
cool man, i thought about that at work this morning.

i hate when i tear my fingers up doing stuff like that. i feel your pain.
kinda made me cringe last nite at just the thought of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts