LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was up ridas,just wondering if anyone started doin any modifacations to the radio shack 58 implala.
i seen it in the paper for 59.99 it looks cool,wouldn't mind modifyin on.

any one own one or started doin anything to one??

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Heh, I was playin with one last night, boring after a few mins tho.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
yeah i got one only thing u can realy do to it is slam it, my plans for mine is a scraper, maybe a front chipper in the future. got mine for my birthday its pretty cool

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I played with one 2 days ago its cool,I wanna buy one but after Christmas because I have to buy presents

Last edited by 66pontiac at Dec 7 2003, 03:47 PM

·
Registered
384 Posts
i just got it today as an earl xmas gift , been playin with ir for a while now, its a shame u cant 3 wheel. im plannin on painting it this month red with maybe sum patterns or pinstriping. gonna be hard as fuk to tape up all the chrome.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It just drives, and "hops" then front or back, but just moves the body.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2@Dec 7 2003, 03:21 PM
yeah i got one only thing u can realy do to it is slam it, my plans for mine is a scraper, maybe a front chipper in the future. got mine for my birthday its pretty cool
Dont forget to add flint so it'll throw sparks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV+Dec 8 2003, 07:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScratchBuilderV @ Dec 8 2003, 07:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--babybikeboi2@Dec 7 2003, 03:21 PM
Dont forget to add flint so it'll throw sparks. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
im workin on it man, i got the back slammed low enough to scrape. I just have to install the flints, wait for summer, and im set :biggrin: :angry:

·
Registered
160 Posts
i can only find the 64 and 58 for sale, do you know where i would find the 67 or 69 model? or pictures of them.

And i'm thinking of getting a 64 since it is cheaper, but can it actually hop or does it just lift and drop.

And can the 58 drive aswell as do tricks, like the 64 can?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by babybikeboi2@Dec 7 2003, 03:21 PM
yeah i got one only thing u can realy do to it is slam it,
could you or someone post up a photo of the inside of the 58? Some people including my self are interested in seeing how the front lifting mechanism looks like. We all know what makes the back work but how does the front? :dunno:

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by juicedskateboardman@Dec 10 2003, 02:48 AM
i can only find the 64 and 58 for sale, do you know where i would find the 67 or 69 model? or pictures of them.

And i'm thinking of getting a 64 since it is cheaper, but can it actually hop or does it just lift and drop.

And can the 58 drive aswell as do tricks, like the 64 can?
the 58 just drives..and and has front and back lift...i'm happy with that..since its a 58 impala...and they dont look right hopping and hitting 3

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Dec 10 2003, 02:11 AM
Buy the '64 for sure....it has a better setup but it can't lift the front or hop. But it has the 3wheel feature and this car can be mod out to do some major hopping...like mine. ;)
Yeah, i was hopping to modify it so it can hop. I allready made my lindberg hopper hit the bumper and also do a 3-wheel, had a good time doing it aswell, i also made a custom switchbox just for the added touch. But they are cheap and simple.

What kind of axel and hopping mechanism does the 64 have? is it like lindbergs, or does it use a string like the hoppinhydros ones.

btw i saw some of your movies, that 70 impala is awsome, does a nice 3-wheel.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV+Dec 10 2003, 07:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScratchBuilderV @ Dec 10 2003, 07:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--babybikeboi2@Dec 7 2003, 03:21 PM
yeah i got one only thing u can realy do to it is slam it,
could you or someone post up a photo of the inside of the 58? Some people including my self are interested in seeing how the front lifting mechanism looks like. We all know what makes the back work but how does the front? :dunno:[/b][/quote]
man i will as soon as i get my new digital camera. and that sould be in about a week. all show you guys how to slam your own 58. i think in the future im gona intsall some motor in the battery compartment since the fronts allread hinged, thats the good part. dont need to hinge the front. what i can tell you is the front works like the back lift on the 58, 64 and 67. a wheel thin on one end thick on the other. its kindof hard to explains so ill get pix as soon as possible.

Last edited by babybikeboi2 at Dec 11 2003, 07:19 AM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts