blade screwdriver and put between the back of the rim and
the "spindle" and gently pry back and for (work your way
around so you dont break anything)

Hope this helps? ;)

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by O.G.ModelBuilder@Oct 4 2003, 10:35 PM
yeah imma try that, btw, are those wires sold with, or without tires? and does hobbytown sell them
Any place that sells pegasus, should be able to at least order them for you. All you have to do is ask. And they do come with tires.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Hobbytown has them, thats where i seen them at ;)

i think the knock-offs are seperate though. i know they sell packs of K/O's for them not sure if they are for if you loose one or if the wheels dont come with them :dunno:

ohh, and the wheels are only 2 in a set so you gotta get 2 sets. look at spending between $25-$30 for everything after tax ;)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
The thing is the 1/10 pegasus wire wheels are even to big for a 1/10 lowrider car...you can imagine how they look on a 1/12....you can't ?
Here's what it looks like...

This is how mine look like after surgery...

By the way scratchbuilder if you wan the dish to be deeper try to find these PVC plumbing caps...and chromefoil them.

;)

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 6 2003, 12:13 AM
I used a brass tube and glued it into the core of the wheel thu that a bolt (with at the end thread) and I tighten that one into the plastic front susp. The knockoff or cap snaps over the bolt so it spins with the wheel.
There are more ways to do this. ;)
what kind of glue do you use to glue the wires to the wheel. It's gotta be good to take the beating you gave in the vid!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thats it, I give up on trying to find that other stuff like the PVC pluming caps or the rubber tire made from a PVC to metal pipe converter.

I whent to two pluming stores and spent almost an hour in each store and couldn't find what I needed.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Oct 7 2003, 06:19 AM
Thats it, I give up on trying to find that other stuff like the PVC pluming caps or the rubber tire made from a PVC to metal pipe converter.

I whent to two pluming stores and spent almost an hour in each store and couldn't find what I needed.
same here bro i had trouble findind tires as well so i used the original shack tires and some sticky white vinyl and it looks tight :biggrin: way better that the original wheels

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by chato83@Oct 7 2003, 08:42 PM
same here bro i had trouble findind tires as well so i used the original shack tires and some sticky white vinyl and it looks tight :biggrin: way better that the original wheels
Post an image of your wheels if you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i saw the RS 58 at the SS, the guy that owns yellow 58 had it. it was the 1st one. he told me that it would be out in DEC because RS is still making the cover art for the box. he told me it only does f & b.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV+Oct 7 2003, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScratchBuilderV @ Oct 7 2003, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--chato83@Oct 7 2003, 08:42 PM
same here bro i had trouble findind tires as well so i used the original shack tires and some sticky white vinyl and it looks tight  :biggrin:  way better that the original wheels
Post an image of your wheels if you get a chance.[/b][/quote]
sorry scratch i aint got a camera or pics but i can send u one wheel and tire :biggrin: hehe nah about how much is a camera so i can get on a snap a pic for yall

1 - 20 of 24 Posts