LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys still haven't tried this simple mod then get to it NOW!!
Get your lazy butts of the computer chair and over to a hardware store, spend $1.98 on some welder flints and get scraping.

This is my Radioshack 64 with welding flints added.

And here's where to get the Avi movie clip of it in action.
(sorry about the wind noise)
http://home.comcast.net/~vicente3d/Scraping64b.zip

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 2 2003, 10:16 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The brand of flints is called Lincoln Electric and the part number is KH573 Look for the flints in the triangle formation they are very easy to mount.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are the neon wire. I drilled small holes in the frame and wove the wire through it. Here are some older photos of the neon.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by hopn78regal@Nov 2 2003, 09:37 PM
were did u get them
the neon wire, I bought at Target and the Welder starter Flints, I bought at Home Depo. The brand of neon wire I used was Lite Glow

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the one I posted is an AVI but you have to download and unzip the file first to see it.

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 2 2003, 10:23 PM

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think you have to unzip it forst or not??

let me know man..

P&B

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know what kind of codec it is I didn't process it at all it came straight from my digital camera which also makes AVI movies as well as takes photos. When you download the movie it should be Ziped and when you unZip it should have a .AVI extention. Windows media player should play it, I've even played it using Winamp.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll see tonight if I can convert it into a nother type of file.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
how did you get the RC to get that close to the ground to scrape... i dont have winzip so i cant watch the vid. but my radioshack's r/c trunk doesnt come close to hittin the ground let alone to scrap if i were to put the plates there. the only time the trunk hits is when it three wheels wit the ass dumped

1 - 20 of 41 Posts