LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could some one tell me why at full lift on my 64 impala does the rear tires 13" hit the quarter panel towards the frt doors and how do i correct it ? :angry:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
so your rear tires hit your front fenders :eek: (assuming your talking about the fenders since you said front of the doors)

pics please, i would love to see this

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
youll need to either extend your panhard or take off the panhard and run either a wishbone or ybone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Dec 8 2008, 08:14 PM~12373431
so your rear tires hit your front fenders :eek: (assuming your talking about the fenders since you said front of the doors)

pics please, i would love to see this
hit the quarter panel towards the frt doors ..... it doesnt say hit the front fenders

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by nyd40cal@Dec 8 2008, 08:19 PM~12373488
I think he means toward the front of the wheelwell ?

Post a picture if you could. what size cylinders ???

might need to extend those trailin arms :dunno:

yes exactly not sure cyl size i will post a pic today

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Originally posted by sixt4 low low@Dec 9 2008, 07:09 AM~12376955
hit the quarter panel towards the frt doors  ..... it doesnt say hit the front fenders
:uh: well in front of the doors is the fender not the quarter panel

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Dec 9 2008, 08:25 AM~12377005
:uh:  well in front of the doors is the fender not the quarter panel
YEAH THAT WAS WHAT I THOUGHT. CAUSE THAT IS THE REAR QUARTER PANEL. IF YOUR TIRES HIT THE FRONT OF THE REAR FENDER WELL, THEN YOU GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM. I MEAN HONESTLY, I HAVE SEEN SOME 64'S JACKED UP AND I DO NOT THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN ONE HIT THE FRONT OF THE REAR WHEEL WELL. I GOTTA SEE SOME PICTRUES. BUT THE ONLY THING IT COULD BE WOULD BE YOUR TRAILING ARMS. BUT I MEAN I HAVE SEEN 64'S WITH REGULAR TRAILING ARMS NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
is it only doing it one side if so its the panhard rod pulling the rear end 1 way put a wishbone on there and you shouldnt have a problem

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 9 2008, 08:39 AM~12377650
is it only doing it one side if so its the panhard rod pulling the rear end 1 way put a wishbone on there and you shouldnt have a problem
x2

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Dec 9 2008, 09:25 AM~12377005
:uh:  well in front of the doors is the fender not the quarter panel
wow your really smart :uh: , he said towards the front doors not the front of the doors. You need a wishbone, it mounts on the middle of the pumkin and 2 locations on the frame

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

heres what i have how is it am i rollin on bullshit or is the set up ok ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

here is a shot layin the wheel is centered now and when i drive thier is no problems .... :biggrin:

·
Registered
305 Posts
hows your frame i had a similar problem on a 63 impala i was restoring and the frame was weak in the back so it would rub on the quater on the same side and it was due to the one bar that goes from the pass side from the rear end up to the frame on the driver side might be same problem

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by sixt4 low low@Dec 9 2008, 01:40 PM~12379335

here is a shot layin the wheel is centered now and when i drive thier is no problems .... :biggrin:
Nice monster truck. :cheesy: I spy a Vette too...

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by sixt4 low low@Dec 9 2008, 01:35 PM~12379276

heres what i have how is it am i rollin on bullshit or is the set up ok ?

i think its tha panhard bar pulling it over like that...

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
id say panhard rod if you wanna see id disconnect it and lift the car to see if it still does it becarefull tho as there will be nothing to hold the rear end central if it still does it then its summat else but my moneys on the panhard

clean car by the way :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts