LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pics suck due to not having any light and it is raining so I couldn't get it out in the sun. I will take more pics in a few days when it stops the rain. I think it turned out good for my first candy and for my shop not having much light. Thanks to all the gave me advise on it. I was thinking this was going to be my last candy job but now that I have finished it was not to bad after all. I can see where you all say it takes practice. I will have more light the next time also so that should better my chances.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is the bike I done awhile back that gave me the courage to do the truck. But I found out on the first coat of candy on the truck that it is a lot different then spraying small panels.

Last edited by 64 at Nov 16 2003, 05:30 PM

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also on the truck I mixed some HOK silver flakes in the candy then mixed my baby blue xotic flakes in the clear.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its xotic colour and it is based in a queens gold Metalic with candy blue jean , then baby blue flakes. I have a pic of all the product some where that I used on the bike. they both are the same just I added a little silver flake to the candy on the truck.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by HydroStangGT@Nov 17 2003, 01:00 AM
:0 damn the color on your truck is same color i want,flake and all...what brand paint is that? and what is the name of the kandy blue?
you will just have to see my storm when i finish shooting my candy..this damn weather!!!!...........i'm starting to get an itch though.............

:biggrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
:biggrin: Looks good man, Like I said practice makes perfect , and work on some more light and the next will be cake. Its the preppin mostly thats the most work. Maybe a cut and buff will smooth out the shine.

Not hatin though looks good, no more runs... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Lime69@Nov 16 2003, 10:58 PM
:biggrin: Looks good man, Like I said practice makes perfect , and work on some more light and the next will be cake. Its the preppin mostly thats the most work. Maybe a cut and buff will smooth out the shine.

Not hatin though looks good, no more runs... :biggrin:
thats the best part about it, no runs :cool: I plan on praticing more in the days to come On my on rides

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
pics of it in the sun? :biggrin: dont want to talk any smack, but looks blotchy from the rear, could be the lighting?

Last edited by OrangeCounty58 at Nov 17 2003, 01:08 PM

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Nov 17 2003, 11:07 AM
pics of it in the sun? :biggrin: dont want to talk any smack, but looks blotchy from the rear, could be the lighting?
not to be an ass but i kinda gave up on this homie----but you are right the truck does look real "blotchy"--------- :0

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where about on it does it look blotchy? By no means is it perfect but I tried and got further then i expected after the first attempt

Last edited by 64 at Nov 17 2003, 05:48 PM

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Nov 17 2003, 02:44 PM
where about on does it look blotchy? By no means is it perfect but I tried and got further then i expected after the first attempt
i applaud your effort as well as your resilience-----the roll pan looks really spoty---and just from the second picture the lower part of the truck i am sure will be darker in the sun------but if your homie is happy well there you go-------- :biggrin:--------o ya how many coats of clear did you put "over " the candy???

Last edited by lowriderlife at Nov 17 2003, 02:49 PM

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
like i said dont want to kill your topic, but looks uneven. pics can decieve, but seen a few paints in my life. why i was asking if you had pics in the sun. richee knows what hes talking about, not just me i see.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kid was pleased as well as I was. Like I said I have plans to do more maybe they will get better in time :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Nov 17 2003, 05:44 PM
where about on it does it look blotchy? By no means is it perfect but I tried and got further then i expected after the first attempt
Looks fine to me. But you must remember this guys on here pay like 20g's for their paint. Don't worry about what this guys say, keep doing what your doing.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by texasgold+Nov 17 2003, 05:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (texasgold @ Nov 17 2003, 05:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64@Nov 17 2003, 05:44 PM
Looks fine to me. But you must remember this guys on here pay like 20g's for their paint. Don't worry about what this guys say, keep doing what your doing.[/b][/quote]
Shit I ain't sweatin' no one, they all helped me out. :cheesy:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by 64+Nov 17 2003, 03:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64 @ Nov 17 2003, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 05:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--64
@Nov 17 2003, 05:44 PM

Looks fine to me. But you must remember this guys on here pay like 20g's for their paint. Don't worry about what this guys say, keep doing what your doing.
Shit I ain't sweatin' no one, they all helped me out. :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
like i said bro----no trying to put you down i know that this was your first full paint job and i give you props for sticking w/ it and as everything bro----practice is everything--i am sure that you will get better as you do it more--------good luck --------peace bro

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It has some darker spots in it, most of them are at the bottom like youo said, I think that comes from not having any low lights and the air hose and paint gun not getting along with me when I tried to get under the truck. Like I said thank you all. But next time don't give up on me so fast, I just like lots of support and like to ask lots of questions ;)

Last edited by 64 at Nov 17 2003, 06:23 PM

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Nov 17 2003, 03:22 PM
It has some darker spots in it, most of them are at the bottom like youo said, I think that comes from not having any low lights and the air hose and paint gun not getting along with me when I tried to get under the truck. Like I said thank you all. But next time don't give up on me so fast, I just like lots of support and like to ask lots of questions ;)
keep pushing forward bro------anytime i can help let me know------peace

"richee"

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
like i said earlier, not trying to kill anyones flow. a lot of work to paint something, ESPECIALLY candy. i think sometimes if people pick things out that normally maybe someone doesnt see, then they can say "hey hes right" or "hey i never saw that". for instance under one of the wheel wells it looks light, why i asked for photos. im a picky person, no i dont pay 20gs for paint (ridiculous, pete santini doesnt even charge that). like anything else practice, maybe i should start painting. haha. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts