LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put an alarm/remote start combo on my 91 Brougham over the weekend and thought I'd just post up some info if there are any of you DIYers out there. I do this professionally for a living but the install on this car is fairly simple. So here goes.
The 12volt, ignition, starter, acc (blower ACC), 2nd acc (radio,windows etc acc) are all pretty tough to get to as they terminate over the column go down towards the firewall and then along the side of the break pedal along the firewall. I tried dropping the column and getting my wires at the key switch plug but that was next to impossible. The best place to tag the wires was at the place next to the brake pedal--all are heavy gauge (approx. 12-14 g) and are as follows.
12volt-red
Ign-pink
Starter-purple
Acc (blower)--orange
2nd ACC ---brown

The brake wire input (for remote start shutdown), horn trigger (horn honk in lieu of siren...dual horns much louder) and parking lights can all be tagged at the underside of the column and are 16-18 gauge
Brake wire-white(+)
Parking lights-brown(+)
Horn-black (-)

The last couple of wires needed could all be found by looking straight up at a couple of molex plugs to the left of the steering column...doorlocks, door trigger and factory alarm disarm and again are 16-18 gauge.
Lock-either light blue or black can't remember(+)
unlock-white (+)
factory alarm disarm-light green. (-)
door trigger- white(can also be used for dome supervision)(-)

The only remaining connections were for trunk pop, trunk pin, tach, hood pin and where I put the LED. The trunk pin and LED were both taken care of by removing the top dash pad...like when you put in front speakers. The trunk pin (-neg) can be had at a white molex plug with about 12 pins. It is the wire for the "trunk" light on the dash when the trunk is open and is a dark green wire...must diode isolate from the light itself. The trunk is positive at the switch and is a black wire. For the LED indicator I removed the bulb and mounted the RED led into the factory security spot in the dash so when the led flashes it makes the factory alarm indicator flash red. Last two connections wer tach --white at the distributor and hood pin which I had to mount up by the headlight near one of the rubber bumpers that the hood rest on. Hope this helps someone who decides to tackle an install on this car.
Chris.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
so if i wanted to change my alarm bypass cause i think thats whats fucked on mine

i would look for something coming from the light green wire?

like i got a remote starter on my 87 has factory alarm and everything but the alarm is fucked up and goes off when u unlock the doors instead of when its been locked and it wont arm 1/2 the time... cause my factory alarm turns off ignition and u gotta put the key in the door...

Last edited by 67impala at Dec 7 2003, 04:33 PM

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drivers kick panel there will be a light green wire coming in from the drivers door key cylinder. This is the factory alarm disarm wire. With a digital multimeter, put your positive probe on a 12 volt source, connect your neg probe to your suspect light green wire. Your meter should read 0 zero. Turn the key in the drivers door, unlock the door..and the meter should register 12volts. only when the key is being turned to unlock. You can run a jumper to this wire and permanately disable it by grounding it permanately. There fore the factory alarm will never lock/arm.
Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts