LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

28981 - 29000 of 31905 Posts

·
underground pimpin'
8,483 Posts
Remember me lil D? Am wandering if ya just screwed me on our deal or what... wouldn't mind getting some of the stuff I sent out for paint back..its only been a year+... get at me..im needin to know wtf!

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
one of my homies just dropped the mother of all custody case bombs on his ex today apparently theyve been trying to serve his ex bitch since august,he used to pay around 650 in child support then all of a sudden he was forced to pay 2000 a month for his son and limited visitation rights.

basically what he wants is a itemized list of what happens to the 2k and partial or full custody, im hoping they give him full custody hes in a better position now than he was when his first kid was born. his ex is a massive bitch and somehow is always broke cause shes always hitting people up for more like her mom where she uses his kid as a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
904 Posts
meanwhile, at the hobby shop ...

While at the craft store, I spot these two celebrities

:roflmao:JK

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
yesturday at was a walmart and seen a pallet display saying "Hobby Center" it was full of models. muslecars, 77 and 86 monte carlos, 39's and alot of 62 ht... i priced a 62 and they where $15.80. I dont know if other stores been had this or whatever but i was surprised since i havent seen models at walmart in years!

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
yesturday at was a walmart and seen a pallet display saying "Hobby Center" it was full of models. muslecars, 77 and 86 monte carlos, 39's and alot of 62 ht... i priced a 62 and they where $15.80. I dont know if other stores been had this or whatever but i was surprised since i havent seen models at walmart in years!
:eek: HELL YAH!! i used to find good kits cheap there....but yah....its been years!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
what are those cars called with the wheel camber all fucked w the strechwalls? anyone have any pics? i have a couple sets of these rims and dont really know what to put them under...

·
Plastic fanatic
6,151 Posts
"Oni-kyan,

Oni-kyan (Demon camber), Shakotan (car with lowered body) and Hippari Tire (pulled or stretched tires) (<--- To be elaborated upon in another thread) are some of the more extreme wheel and suspension modifications that can be seen on many cars at car shows and parking lots in Japan. Although not restricted to 'low rider style' vehicles such as older (Haiso Car) and performance cars, it's probably these that are most associated with the tuning technique. Current model vans and VIP cars also get the treatment and are becoming more popular, even showing up at small local shows like the Sunshine Kobe Super Auto Collection in Japan.

The aim of these types of modifications are not only to get the car as low as can possibly be with the most negative camber and widest wheels, but to alter the overall look of an everyday car to get it looking how the car manufacturer should've made it in the first place... real tough!

Oni-kyan

Oni-kyan literally means 'Demon Camber'. It's been used for many types of car modification whether it be a drift car, a ('Kaidou' or Highway Racer), or even RC cars but these days it's mostly found on VIP cars or modified vans.

For a while Demon Camber was popular with drifters but has since fallen out of favor as the negatives like increased wear and loss of overall stability outweighed the positives of having more front end grip... so Oni-kyan has become a visual style more than anything.

The wildest Oni-kyan fitments are usually in the realm of VIP cars, often they run 12 inch or wider alloy wheels that necessitate a lot of negative camber in order to fit these wider wheels underneath the standard wheel arches while keeping the car as low as possible.

To get the best effect the offset of the wheels are carefully chosen to get the top
outer edge of the rim exactly in line with the body work with the bottom outer edge
sticking way outside the body of the car, sometimes at angles of 10 or even 15 degrees!

Depending on the owners budget, airbag or coil over suspension is used to get the car low while front and rear upper arms about 10mm or more shorter than standard are
used to get Demon Camber angles. Front wheel drive vans (even Kei vans) with beam rear suspension use 'camber axels' to get up to 8 degrees negative camber at the rear.

Needless to say excessive tire wear and increased wheel bearing stress make this type
of tuning only for those who favor looks over drivability and low maintenance."

28981 - 29000 of 31905 Posts