LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never seen one of these for a regal before... it is in super shape and comes with the "pinchweld trim". this goes on any 80's model regal, possibly a cutlass or monte carlo as well. it is a thin fiberglass shell/cap that you get covered with vinyl. it looks like a convertible top in the up position. i wish i could have got a picture of it on the car, it looks killer, looked dead up like a rag top. ive only seen one of these for a cadillac, but never have seen one for a g-body. i know this is super rare and probably worth a fortune, but i'm offering it to my layitlow homies. i really dont want to ship this. i can meet up with someone if need be and as long as it isnt too far away. anyways, I'M OPEN TO ALL REASONABLE OFFERS....LET THE BIDDING BEGIN :0 :0 :0

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I'm not trying to hate on your game homie, but isn;t that just a carraige top shell? Or are they really hard to find for regals only? Just askin
:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i understand they are hard to find. i have never seen one, thats hard to believe with the 100000000 regals running around

·
16,068 Posts
Here's some pics of one installed homie. I call mine a phantom top and been thinking of taking it off since it makes a big blind spot due to the rear windows being covered. Here's what it looks like on a Regal :cool: I've never seen another one either ;)

photoshopped in blue, maybe i'll redo mine with white vinyl :cool:

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 2 2009, 06:46 PM~12587723
Here's some pics of one installed homie.  I call mine a phantom top and been thinking of taking it off since it makes a big blind spot due to the rear windows being covered.  Here's what it looks like on a Regal :cool:  I've never seen another one either ;)

photoshopped in blue, maybe i'll redo mine with white vinyl :cool: 

POST SOME PICS UP WITH THE TOP OFF!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Jan 2 2009, 07:46 PM~12587723
Here's some pics of one installed homie.  I call mine a phantom top and been thinking of taking it off since it makes a big blind spot due to the rear windows being covered.  Here's what it looks like on a Regal :cool:  I've never seen another one either ;)

3 wheel motion :0 :0 :0

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by FREAKY TALES@Jan 2 2009, 08:52 PM~12588228
POST SOME PICS UP WITH THE TOP OFF!! :biggrin:
:( I wish, the body is still all intact, it just has the vert "look". Believe me, on a hot day when i'm sweating my ass off, people must just be looking at me like why doesn't he put the top down.

Originally posted by NeNe@Jan 2 2009, 09:00 PM~12588295
3 wheel motion  :0  :0  :0
You know it :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by johnny coconut@Jan 3 2009, 12:08 AM~12589760
rare = yes

worth a fortune = no
I beg the differ, sorry but i have one for a 2dr deville and im not letting it go for pennies either ...... they are hard to find, almost impossible ;) , you have to realize this was a very expensive add on thru the dealership back in the 80's ...A 2500 dollar add on to be exact, thats alot of cash in the 80's dont you think? and now you cant even get them anymore, they been discontinued for over 15 years making them an exrtemley rare item IMO....... I think to have an item like this its a matter of self want for your ride.. you can exspect its gonna cost a lil because of the avalibility, just a matter of who really wants it and thinks their car is worthy of one, they definalty make the car stand out in a good way, more luxury wise ImO , i love these tops on any car really :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by DEAD PRE$IDENT$@Jan 2 2009, 10:16 PM~12589848
I beg the differ, sorry but i have one for a 2dr deville and im not letting it go for pennies either ...... they are hard to find, almost impossible ;) , you have to realize this was a very expensive add on thru the dealership back in the 80's and now they are very exrtemley rare....... I think to have an item like this its gonna cost a lil because of the avalibility, just a matter of who really wants it and thinks their car is worthy of one, they definalty make the car stand out in a good way, more luxury wise ImO , i love these tops on any car really :)

Definatly worth it to the right person kinda deal. Looks really cool, and almost real. Next best thing i guess to a real ragtop.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Jan 2 2009, 08:39 PM~12587686
I'm not trying to hate on your game homie, but isn;t that just a carraige top shell?  Or are they really hard to find for regals only?  Just askin
:biggrin:
yes regal shell tops are more rare than caddies, and caddies are rare as fuck as it is :cool:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by 1990CaddyBrougham@Jan 3 2009, 12:21 AM~12589909
Definatly worth it to the right person kinda deal. Looks really cool, and almost real. Next best thing i guess to a real ragtop.
Good luck with the sale!
:cool:

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
Originally posted by 1990CaddyBrougham@Jan 2 2009, 09:21 PM~12589909
Good luck with the sale!
x3 :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did they make em for the Fleetwood Coupes?

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
Originally posted by 1990CaddyBrougham@Jan 2 2009, 09:24 PM~12589956
For coupe de'ville ;)

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by 1990CaddyBrougham@Jan 3 2009, 12:24 AM~12589956
unfortunalty no, only the deville, i have one and if i didnt have a 44inch moon i could have molded it to make it work, the rib rack sticks up an inch and a half above the moon roof glass and i didnt want to fab some side walls for it, but if you dont have a sunroof you can definatly add fiberglass to make it work for a 2dr fleet around the quarter glasses :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts