LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a couple of rat-rod type lowriders right now, and I want to see what other people are doing, or have done, with a similar theme. I can't however seem to find very many pictures of any! Does nobody love primer and surface rust like I do?? :(

Anyway, If you have any pics, or know of any sites that have them, please post! :biggrin:

·
Most TRUSTED Seller!
3,981 Posts

Here is picture of one I took last year at the Denver LRM Show

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by schwinn1966@Aug 29 2006, 03:55 PM~6068117

Here is picture of one I took last year at the Denver LRM Show
I dig the trike, but it doesn't really resemble a rat rod as far as I can tell :dunno:

·
Most TRUSTED Seller!
3,981 Posts
it has that primer finish...

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
:uh: ya not everything with a preimer finish means it rat rod !!! if so then all these wanabe import dudes with it are rat rods ?? ............. but iam going to be doing mine in shit brown sort of a rust color ! with some black pieces !! but just look around ?!!

·
pinstripin' psycho
6,716 Posts
i really dont see why everyone is making a big deal about rat rod bikes, since majority of these "rat rod" bikes shouldnt even be classified as rat rods. traditional rat rod cars are made for performance without too much attention to looks..hence the primer, pinstriping and rusted out parts..... these "rat rod" bikes that i am seeing these days are nothing more than primer, powder coating and new chrome..... now, i as an advocate of traditional rods, am amused by these bikes, but i also have built one myself that was primed and striped about 5 years ago (before the rat craze began) and recently pieced it together with whatever parts i could find that fit on it, with no attention to shiny rust-free chrome......so, now that i have probably pissed off quite a few.......i would like to present to you, my 52 schwinn "beast cruiser" better known as "SickBoy"...............truly a rat-cruiser...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Originally posted by AutoMini@Aug 29 2006, 09:08 PM~6070219
here is my old one.. most people on here say its not a rat rod because it is black and red but i considered it one.

looks like one to me

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Originally posted by chamuco61@Aug 29 2006, 10:13 PM~6070624
i really dont see why everyone is making a big deal about rat rod bikes, since majority of these "rat rod" bikes shouldnt even be classified as rat rods. traditional rat rod cars are made for performance without too much attention to looks..hence the primer, pinstriping and rusted out parts..... these "rat rod" bikes that i am seeing these days are nothing more than primer, powder coating and new chrome..... now, i as an advocate of traditional rods, am amused by these bikes, but i also have built one myself that was primed and striped about 5 years ago (before the rat craze began) and recently pieced it together with whatever parts i could find that fit on it, with no attention to shiny rust-free chrome......so, now that i have probably pissed off quite a few.......i would like to present to you, my 52 schwinn "beast cruiser" better known as "SickBoy"...............truly a rat-cruiser...

what ever captain know it all aka doo doo pantys.... lol j/p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by lalove@Aug 29 2006, 11:35 PM~6070712
what ever captain know it all aka doo doo pantys.... lol j/p
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

My forks are made from rusty chair legs, so i guess i'm good :p.

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
Don't know if this pic will help, but this is my Kustom low, kinda Old School Bobber style.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Originally posted by JustCruisin@Aug 30 2006, 09:10 PM~6076708
Don't know if this pic will help, but this is my Kustom low, kinda Old School Bobber style.

:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by JustCruisin@Aug 30 2006, 09:10 PM~6076708

I love that thing. The pics of that bike in it's primed state was one of the things that made me want to make some rat rod bikes. :) You need a helmet with a spike on top when you ride that shit, man. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
thats fucking awesome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts