LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody painted their car a colored primer before?????????? ratrod style with gloss pin stripe???

post pics!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
i hate when guys do that. they be rolln around with flat black primer with candy red/orange flames and shit. it's hella tacky. makes it feel incomplete.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
my ride is kinda rat rod style. i painted it a flat color and i thought about striping it but never really wanted to spend the money on it cus all that shit is comin off this winter when i start workin on the car. the only reason i sprayed it flat is because i got the paint for free :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty tight!

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
My cutlass is going in mid grey primer with a flat black top, trunk, and hood w/ black pinstriping, letters on the trunk lid, and still deciding on numbers on the door. Keep in mind though my ride isn't a complete lolo. It sits on 20 inch players with spinners... lol Got the stuff to do it bu tno time to spray it. Will post pics when done though...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Originally posted by LaEmeVIII@Sep 10 2005, 01:02 AM~3786781
i hate when guys do that.  they be rolln around with flat black primer with candy red/orange flames and shit.  it's hella tacky.  makes it feel incomplete.
HATER... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: mines just a ride to go: to-n-back from work, so don't really care!!! it gets all dinged up from other idiots...but their lil fiber glass cars end up worst, so fuck it!!!

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Sep 10 2005, 03:47 PM~3787755
Nothing wrong with some flatner added to the clear..as long as its sprayed right...and flat with some gloss Kandy metal flake is sweet...cuase it aint sweet if it aint Kandy.... :cool:
thats a clean as ride just the right chop and everything looks clean.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
my dad always jokes about sanding my primer and just clearin over it.

ppg ncp250 has to be the ugliest color for a car

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
usually these rides fall in the UNFINISHED class,to me its the way to roll if your still workin on your ride and u wanna look presentable,on the streets.

heres a good example,painted top with the rest primered,indicating that this ride is underconstruction.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
usually these rides fall in the UNFINISHED class,to me its the way to roll if your still workin on your ride and u wanna look presentable,on the streets.

heres a good example,painted top with the rest primered,indicating that this ride is underconstruction.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
I'm going to do my 52 with a satin clear over chalk white... It'll have the "primer" look with a gloss top...

I think bombs look better that way :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
as long as you know the difference between a lowrider and a hot rod. seen "low rodz" but primer isnt lowriding in my opinion. thats just an unfinished ride.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Sep 10 2005, 09:47 PM~3790890
as long as you know the difference between a lowrider and a hot rod. seen "low rodz" but primer isnt lowriding in my opinion. thats just an unfinished ride.
Well, IF I ever get done with her, she's going to be a nostalgic lowrider... I'm sure things will change (with money, time, etc) but right now, everything I have is 50s, 60s, and 70s nos stuff...

I have seen a bunch of rides that look unfinished, but have seen some in flat that look good, also :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
never seen a lowrider with a "flat" paint look (maybe some old bombs, but with laquer paint, og paint). seen lots of badly unfinished primered cars with pinstriping though :)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
:cheesy:

Attachments

G

·
True, lowriders need glossy paint . Ratrods look good with Flat paint, Ole school choppers as well....but the Kandies ,flakes and pearls are what makes a lowrider truely stand out from the rest....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts