LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK boys and girls. This is our own personal model contest...WINNER receives (by mail) this big ass Trophie and 25 bucks for any model you want...and you get to talk all the smak ya want..

Heres the rules.!.!..

No rules on the style of the model..Bomb to import...Or hopper to show car.

Has to be a lowrider...No stockers or hotrods....

***to enter you must have a model (still in plastic covering case) with the date on a card.... example today is july 25th. i would write down on a peice of paper the date next to the model...

***the dead line is july 31st...(to get a picture of the model in case and date)

***you have till the aug 14th to finish the model and post the date on a peice of paper

Winner will be selected by 5 judges on the overall model. on augest 15th.

Good luck Homies. I will post a picture of the trophie tomarrow...any more info just post here and ill get back to ya.

and Judges names will not be given out untill the finish date

Last edited by Rat Rodder at Aug 16 2003, 11:09 AM

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I like the idea, but 21 days to build a whole model? Plus I have all the models I need, opened. Plus is it fair to put all age groups and all types of models in one category? It's easier to put together a hopper or dancer with no interior than a full kit.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 25 2003, 02:47 PM
I like the idea, but 21 days to build a whole model? Plus I have all the models I need, opened. Plus is it fair to put all age groups and all types of models in one category? It's easier to put together a hopper or dancer with no interior than a full kit.

K. Diaz
ok ill get another trophie, classes are now HOPPER/Dancer and Show car...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by hydryan@Jul 25 2003, 02:59 PM
this foo sounds like hes not sure
i dont want any one working on the model before i posted this,, which means no paint no glued peice.. you know what im saying, just stick to the rules and have it with out the box opened ..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Joost....@Jul 25 2003, 03:13 PM

Ill just have my 25 bucks now :roflmao: :roflmao:
LOL, THATS A NICE MODEL BUT STICK TO THE RULES,

I'LL BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT BUT I WONT WIN OR ANYTHING, JUST SOMETHING TO DO.....

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 25 2003, 10:15 PM
aaaahhh your a poor loser.... :biggrin:
heey jeroen can you get online on msn, i need to ask you something about unity, we want you to do something :D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Question here.......

what if the box has been opened but all the parts are still factory sealed in the original plastic bags and all the bagged parts are layed out in plain view along with a dated card like you said?

also, what about a diecast and i dont mean thid jada dub city bullshit either. i have a 1:18 all plastic with metal body impala kit. over 60 pieces in the kit and it's a skill level 3.

:dunno:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Originally posted by Joost....+Jul 25 2003, 02:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joost.... @ Jul 25 2003, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Jul 25 2003, 10:15 PM
aaaahhh your a poor loser.... :biggrin:
heey jeroen can you get online on msn, i need to ask you something about unity, we want you to do something :D[/b][/quote]
Joost, I'm going to bed....and I'm off for the weekend...I heard the rumour that they gonna split Unity in half....? Hope this idea turns out to beneifit us modeleres and bikers....doubt it a bit. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
Please don't use the Layitlow name for the contest as this website is not involved in it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 25 2003, 05:47 PM

K. Diaz
if Mr. Impala can build a car in 21 days I'm suer you can build a model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jul 25 2003, 03:29 PM
lol, i was wondering who changed the title.... i was like WTF!!!! lol, i thought i was going insane again.
mad. i have no problem if its dicast but it has to be 124th or 1 25th... i cant keep bending these rules and yes ill except if all the peices are still sealed, but the box is opened,,,

just make sure its sealed in the picture..

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
ok cool man.
might wanna go ahead and eliminate the diecast then if it's 1:24 1:25 only. the reason i mentioned the 1:18 is because it's an actual model with workable steering controled by the steering wheel and all with actual springs and whatnot, and not something already put together. like the rest of the diecast stuff that is out.

i just thought i'd ask about it since i have been wanting to start it sometime soon anyways. :biggrin:
i think i'll just stick to a good old plastic kit instead since i'm going to take my time on that one anyways :puffin:

as far as the box being opened and parts sealed in bags goes, most of my kits have the outer wrap taken off the box so i could inspect the bagged parts to make sure that there was no damage during shipping.

if i decide to go with one of those all the stuff will be layed out sealed in the bags for viewing.

i just gotta decide what i wanna do now. lol

1 - 20 of 295 Posts