LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

rat rods

9K views 97 replies 28 participants last post by  corky 
#1 ·
im building a rat rod style 32 ford who else has done one?

#2 ·
here's mine. I went with a rat-rod/dirt track kinda feel. mainly just used it as a guinea pig for weathering experiments! :roflmao:

#8 ·
@ waffles: those wheels came with the kit as far as I can remember:roflmao:I first built that kit in the mid 90's I think. and the airbreather is a scratch built mailbox! haha, I was tring to think of something to use that would fit the ratrod theme, and a mailbox seemed perfect to me (I would probably use one if I ever built a ratrod!)!

on a side note, I did once build a 1:1 ratbike
I used to ride the FUCK out of her!! my buddies that I'd ride with called her Narcolepsy cause she had an issue of just laying down while in motion!:roflmao:I laid her down like 5 times! once at like 45-50mph! good thing I was hammered drunk, I might have gotten seriously injured!:rofl::D:D:D

#9 ·
@ Dig: thanks!!! glad you like it! I posted a few pics of it in the first few pages of my thread. I did a how to on building those "barn door" hinges when I had to repair one of the existing ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.