LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in the progress of building the 1/24 RC Impala I noticed some strange behaviours from time to time...the car was capable of driving forward and backwards...but I couldn't figure out how it did.

Travelino called me up a sec ago telling me that he found the way to make your car do more moves using only 2 channels.
It's so simple but still unbelievable....I used single pole switches (back and forth) Trav used 2 pole switches and cross connected the second row to the next switch...this is the transmitter part.
He also hooked the motors soldering a positive and negative onto each connector of the motor...so your motor will end up having 4 wires connected...sounds pretty strange and you will think the whole deal will shortcircuit....not.

What happens is that with all the switches crossconnected you will form a new group of actions...it's like a new combination.
So now it's possible to make your car drive back and forth, side2side, 3wheel, front/back and, if you can all fit it in, make it steer.
The steering part is difficult on a 1/24 there's simply no space for it.
But for 1/18 scale cars it's an option.

Gonna try it myself but I'm almost certain this is the trick. ;)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Sep 19 2003, 08:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Sep 19 2003, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--asco1@Sep 19 2003, 03:59 PM
he did it again!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :cool:  ... J's da man!
ahh but it was trav's idea, oh well j's still the man[/b][/quote]
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Travelino is definitely a great guy - I had the pleasure to meet both of them (J and Trav) at the "Chopperdome" in Amsterdam. We had a blast thinking about model hydraulics and bike parts .... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts